• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M9000

A
Oct 15, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska
I don't suppose there are many M8's with 9,000 miles on them! My 2009 turned 9k today. It's been kind of a legendary sled for me with minimal maintenance. Last summer the compression was 122 and 115 psi. The engine has never been touched! Most of the miles are from running a trap line. Just thought I would share.

9000 miles.jpg just turned 9000 miles.jpg Spring ride in the AK Range = amazing.jpg

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
My boss has my old 07 XF800. it has like 9200 on it now and still runs strong, I wont lie that machine saw a lot of full throttle time when it was under my ownership...

A
Oct 15, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska
Original diamond drive? would like to know if you have rebuilt the drive or what kind of maintenance.

Yes, it's original. I bought the machine with 1,000 miles on it and immediately replaced the infamous single roller bearing with the bigger bearing. The cage that holds the ball bearings in place was coming apart when I replaced it. I flush the case and re-fill it with oil every spring. I've split the case open once or twice since just to inspect it and everything looked fine. I don't think I'll split the case again until it tells me something is wrong.

Premium Features