• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Well I called both bd and silber and I just ordered silber. 3600$ sale right now. Bolt on no questions asked. You don't touch buttons they re program your whole sled computer to compensate safety parameters and adjustments with oil. Bd has same kit only it tunnel dumps and they plug a programmer into your sled to tell it what to do. For silber price you can't beat it. Bd is 1400$ min over silber. Bd is good no doubt but they ain't no better or worse than silber. Besides call Justin at silber tell him what you want. I said I want pump gas turbo no hassle from 1000' to 12000' he said ok no prob it will be ready to instal on its way! Thanks silber ! Baker shoot out next week can't wait !

I Hope you have good luck with the Silber. The sidekick boondocker kit is only $4000 from bd and if you find a good enough dealer you can get the kit for $3500.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Bd kit

The side kick is 4000$ but then you have to have the waste gate exhaust which is an extra 1000$. Silvers comes w it as the package. I run from my house 1500' to 8000' i need the waste gate and my only other hope is clutching will be spot on

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I do think that the Silber is more bang for your buck between the two. The thing Boondocker has going is they have the name. Not saying they don't run great, but adding the external wastegate to get what silber gives you standard is like stated, an extra $1000.

I am thinking I'll go silber next year

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber customer service

I told silber guys I need it back and ready to ride by this next Saturday for baker shoot out.he said no prob I'll be in this weekend and mail it off. I'll give full report after baker. Bolt it on and go!

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Clutching?

How's the clutching that comes with the kit. I won't get to test my sled till it comes off the trailer at baker. Silber says don't stress it will be dialed. Can any body let me know?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
How's the clutching that comes with the kit. I won't get to test my sled till it comes off the trailer at baker. Silber says don't stress it will be dialed. Can any body let me know?

The ones I have riden have been good. This was in West, so 7-9000 roughly. The boost is adjusted for elevation so it should be good regardless. If hp stays same clutching stays same.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Clutching

Good point I think by now they've got their kits pull and go fully. They were very confident in their clutch set up. I'll prob ride with some extra springs incase one snaps but I doubt from sounds of things I'll have much issues.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
It's on!

My turbo got here at 4 pm today as promised by silber and we put it on in two hours. Really clean kit. It wasn't super difficult other than a few tight places to turn a wrench. We drove 3 hours to baker and I will be riding it in morning. Will give an update after the ride... Oh ya it fired right up and rode right on trailer. 2 pulls. All seems well this far. Thanks silber ! Get to ride with 509 and thunderstruck crew it don't get much better

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
My turbo got here at 4 pm today as promised by silber and we put it on in two hours. Really clean kit. It wasn't super difficult other than a few tight places to turn a wrench. We drove 3 hours to baker and I will be riding it in morning. Will give an update after the ride... Oh ya it fired right up and rode right on trailer. 2 pulls. All seems well this far. Thanks silber ! Get to ride with 509 and thunderstruck crew it don't get much better

And?????

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Beast!

The whole set up is perfect. Clutching and all. Couldn't ask for better running sled. I been riding it 3 days straight and not one issue. Temps are good, power is amazing and there is zero bog or glitches. Get one ! Also rode ski doo 850.... I'll leave that for another conversation.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
The whole set up is perfect. Clutching and all. Couldn't ask for better running sled. I been riding it 3 days straight and not one issue. Temps are good, power is amazing and there is zero bog or glitches. Get one ! Also rode ski doo 850.... I'll leave that for another conversation.
Did you go with the intercooler? When you stab the throttle from idle, is there any stumbling or burbling or does it come on like a stock machine?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Just pulled the trigger a couple hours ago! Waiting till next week to send my ECU in though. Don't wanna chance not getting it back by this weekend cause we are getting some good storms this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

I did not get inter cooler and I'm running pump gas 5 lb spring. When you punch the throttle it revs just like stock sled only more power from bottom end to top. My clutch hits round 4-4100 and revs out bout 8150-8250 at max. If you want inter cooler it's mostly for big boost. My sled ran at 123-125 temp all day. I most always use scratchers till I'm to my play ground no matter what time of year. Just saves money in long run. You will be amazed at how your sled comes alive. My whole group is either buying new sleds now or turboing bc they don't even stand a chance. You're in for a treat sled header

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
What're you guys liking for belts with these turbos? Gates 45c4553? I've been fighting inconsistent RPMS for the last few rides. Cleaned clutches, adjusted deflection, still varies from 78-81 on a climb. About 600 miles on my stock belt and it looks fine

Premium Features