• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
I know this has been brought up but what's the kit to get? Silber or bd side kick? I'm only wanting pump gas no more than 7-8 psi. Ride from 2000-10000 ft Washington state. Silber is 4k $ w waste gate exhaust

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
You can't go wrong with either one. Just pick one and you'll be happy!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I haven't ridden with a BD kit this season so I can only speak to the Silber kit. I've been beyond impressed with it. It rips and no complaints. Easy, quick install and cleanest looking kit in my opinion. They are sexy too... My best advice would be to get in touch with Boston Racing on here... One thing to consider is if you want to cut a hole in your tunnel, I'd rather not personally which is a negative for BD but plenty of people do.

12698329_10207245554555277_1525935031822419591_o.jpg DSC_1087.jpg

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Why are so many people scared to cut a hole in the tunnel? It's really easy.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
It's just personal preference for me m8chris. If cutting a hole in my tunnel was the only way to get a good running turbo sled I would, but it's not. Like I said plenty of folks don't mind it, I'd just rather not if I don't have to.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Another consideration is warranty. There is no going back from drilling a hole through the tunnel. The Silber installs and uninstalls in under 2 hours if it has to go to the dealer.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
You guys are picking kits over what's pretty and install time. Never thought I would see the day. What happened to the days of arguing about performance.

Look at the kits closely. Then do a bunch of research on basic turbo principles. Then come back with your research findings. You might be suprised what you discover and it should answer your questions.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
You guys are picking kits over what's pretty and install time. Never thought I would see the day. What happened to the days of arguing about performance.

Look at the kits closely. Then do a bunch of research on basic turbo principles. Then come back with your research findings. You might be suprised what you discover and it should answer your questions.

Pretty sure that's because they both rip and I'll bet Silber and BD represent more that 3/4s of the kits on the snow. People don't want to research turbos, they want a turbo kit that puts a smile on their face and I think both these kits have proven to do that.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca

Can you expand on this a little please? What are the key points you are referring to?

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT

If you are referring to me in regard to not wanting a kit that makes it so I need to cut a hole in my tunnel, I thought I was clear stating if that's what it took to have a good running turbo sled I would cut away, but fortunately for me my Silber kit rips without a hole in my tunnel. I really don't care to research turbo principles, what I have works and works well for me, in the end that's what matters right? If it looks good that's a bonus, no need for rusty ugly kits, sorry if fit and finish means something to some people.

In the end as long as the consumer is happy with the performance regardless of brand that's what's important. Make a decision and enjoy one of these turbos, they take these sleds and the fun to the next level.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Why is anyone concerned about cutting your tunnel and loosing your warranty? Pretty sure your warranty goes byebye when you slap the turbo on. I am only my 3rd BD kit in a row and like the tunnel dump.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Why is anyone concerned about cutting your tunnel and loosing your warranty? Pretty sure your warranty goes byebye when you slap the turbo on. I am only my 3rd BD kit in a row and like the tunnel dump.

That is incorrect. Our customers report getting full use out of their warranties. It no different than taking a can or pipe off. The only exception I could see is if somebody detonated a motor.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND

What you will discover is you don't need to hole saw your tunnel to get a good running turbo. If performance is the same or better, why not have the kit that is easier and cleaner to install. Plus the Silber kit is stainless so it won't look like crap after a year of riding. If it looks pretty and doesn't run, that is one thing. The Silber kit is pretty and rips. Kind of like having a hot super model wife that can still cook.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
That's fraud plain and simple.

The only fraud is Polaris voiding your entire warranty. You don't see Ford, Chevy, or Dodge trying that ****. I agree that there are certain things that shouldn't be covered depending on the mods done, but to deny warranty to an entire sled is wrong. When my jackshaft gets worn because of a ****ty bearing clearance, it should damn well be covered, turbo or not.

Premium Features