• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check your silber silicone tubes this summer.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
This is the view in the pto side. About a 3/16 flap most of the way around inside by the y. Mag side is seamless. Going to take a filet knife and cut the flap off.
Should run better now.

0728162048a.jpg

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
good call that shouldn't have been shipped that way

hopefully silber will keep a closer eye out

how did that cylinder look ?

what year kit ?

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
It's a 15 kit.
Cylinder was scored pretty bad from me running turbo with a rev2 drop in kit earlier in winter. Just put used pistons in from a 14 and stock head back on for last trip in April. Cylinders look the same as when I slapped it back together then.
Comp was 115&120 at end. Can't remember which was higher...

Putting a ssi kit in this time with a different used cylinder.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Silicone delimitating from heat around the bend. My 90 degree boost tube boot on my hopped up Dmax used to do the same thing. Thats why I like Aluminum tubing/air box better.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
is it delame or cast leavings ?

i hear what your saying ice

but aren't the bends on most kits silicon also

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I think its from the manufacture process as the bend right after the turbo looks normal as does the rest of the tube.

Ran mostly with the 5 or 7 psi spring. Made a few pulls at 10psi but don't think that's an issue.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
It didn't delaminate. It is a remnant from the manufacturing process that should have been trimmed before leaving the shop. It isn't a problem but it isn't pretty for sure :face-icon-small-coo

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
It didn't delaminate. It is a remnant from the manufacturing process that should have been trimmed before leaving the shop. It isn't a problem but it isn't pretty for sure :face-icon-small-coo

What are you talking about? People are suppose to reach in that tube some how and trim that before putting it on?? What do you mean its not a problem? That silicone is eventually gonna come off and enter the engine/reeds.

Not trying to argue or be a dick, but I think your trying to make light of a possible bad deal here. Whether it is bad casting or delaminating, it is problem

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I agree, It should have been trimmed before it left our shop. Its not a problem because it can't just come off and go through the motor. Its not a bad casting or delamination....it is just part of the manufacturing process that we normally trim. We have few sleds with thousands of mile that we purposely didn't trim to make sure it wasn't an issue.

Like I said...It isn't pretty but its is harmless.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
It wasn't ready to fall off by any means. But still pretty shotty to say the least.

With it trimmed and using my unscientific test with a airhose there is about twice the airflow out the mag side. Pto side isn't as smooth to flow even after trim job.
Not sure if it would create a pressure difference from side to side or not.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Silicone delimitating from heat around the bend. My 90 degree boost tube boot on my hopped up Dmax used to do the same thing. Thats why I like Aluminum tubing/air box better.

It's excess from the molding process and should have been trimmed. There is nothing delaminating.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Sled would run good most of the time. Would do the bog when quick off then back on the gas...will know in a couple days how it runs this way.
Changed...
Trimmed flap from inside
3r reeds
Ssi top end
48-44f helix.

Also running a custom intake with boondocker cold air cage and sock.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We certainly don't recommend changing the intake, Engine mods or clutching that isn't included in the kit . The kit was designed and tuned around a stock sled. I have done extensive testing with the v-force 3r reeds and feel they are the best option but for the intake, clutching and motor, Im concerned you could be causing additional problems.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I tried it all stock as silber supplies for a week. Didnt run like i wanted it too. Had the same bog after a long pull if you let off quick then back to wot. I didn't like the half inch gap where the stock airbox and silicone intake tube meet up...too much gap room to get snow dust and tree needles on there.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I tried it all stock as silber supplies for a week. Didnt run like i wanted it too. Had the same bog after a long pull if you let off quick then back to wot. I didn't like the half inch gap where the stock airbox and silicone intake tube meet up...too much gap room to get snow dust and tree needles on there.

Something is wrong. I have installed more that 50 of those kits and there is no gap where the silicone meets up to the factory intake.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Something is wrong. I have installed more that 50 of those kits and there is no gap where the silicone meets up to the factory intake.

What have you done regards to water intake? Snow melts and the intakes aren't water tight.

The stock airbox has different ridges and a drain in the bottem, to prevent water intake , that's gone with the turbo

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.

WOW! if that isnt a problem for the "silber turbo rep" then I dont know what is in your book!!!

You get what you pay for, buy a cheap turbo kit then expect things like this!

I have seen way many silber kits run horrible than run decent for sure (majority is fueling issues) its stuff like this that make me never even consider one of these kits!

If people wonder how companies like boost it, OVS, impulse speedwerx charge more... Look no further than this post!!!!

Nobody is perfect, were all humans but to come on here and say this isnt a problem is horrific IMO.

Last edited:
Premium Features