• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cold air intake for a silber external wastegate kit???

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
Has anyone built one for the new silber kits? Just wondering if it made any difference? Did a search for some pics of someone who fab'd one up but I couldn't find anything

Last edited:
R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Yes

Made mine from a 28" flexible turbo intake I found at O'Reilly. And a boondocker 90° intake. Not any noticeable difference but hard to tell since it was 50° in revy. Also switched back to stock pistons and head from my rk tek setup that just wasn't working with the reflashed kit.

Very poor design silber has for stock airbox hookup. 1/2" gap around the Silicon tube by hood let's everything in the intake.

20160407_141507.jpg

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Came out the left intake vent after removing all the stock stuff. Then 90 pointed forward. Plan on cutting 90 off and running str as ight up under the bars for more protection.

20160406_162909.jpg

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
They already have a cold air intake. Why would you want to change it?

I guess it already is cai. I was more referring to a snorkel. Seems like it may allow more air flow... Or maybe not. I have quite a large gap where my hose connects to the under side of the hood. Surely it's grabbing some hot air from the engine compartment???

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have my own set up, not a Silber. I used a FNI cold air set up and plumbed to that. I added a bunch of the dash intake vents to make sure I had fresh air. It works very well. The side vents are almost always clean.

After watching snorkels flex in and out, I was not convinced it was the best solution.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
it's strange you guys have a gap ?
mine is tight i have to force the hood down to get the screws in

i do agree that some more dash vents are nice more vent surface area

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I have my own set up, not a Silber. I used a FNI cold air set up and plumbed to that. I added a bunch of the dash intake vents to make sure I had fresh air. It works very well. The side vents are almost always clean.

After watching snorkels flex in and out, I was not convinced it was the best solution.

Yeah I agree...did the same thing. Added intake vents. You can hear the difference in turbo sound. I've used the SLP one and the FirenIce. Both work equally well. Firenice has some the side intake vents.

Premium Features