• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 600 compression

M
Nov 16, 2011
Hi

I just did a compression test on my 2012 RMK 600, and got an even 145 psi on each side. To me, that seemed like a tad much

Does anyone know what the compression for an RMK 600 is supposed to be?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Hi

I just did a compression test on my 2012 RMK 600, and got an even 145 psi on each side. To me, that seemed like a tad much

Does anyone know what the compression for an RMK 600 is supposed to be?

It varies with the engine temp, equipment calibration, altitude, even if the engine cylinders were lubricated prior to the test.

I think IMHO 145 is a great number, warm lubed at STP.

The big issue would be a 10% difference between cylinders but since your cylinders compressions match you seem good to go.

I have personally had compression up to 160 on a 727 SLP kit

Last edited:
X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Varies greatly with different gauges as well!

Unless your worried about an aftermarket head on a used sled etc... I would chalk it up as good. Really the only importance youll find with a compression test, is difference between cylinders. And like mentioned above, less than 10% is generally considered "ok"

M
Nov 16, 2011
Thanks guys, even is good enough for me.

The engine was no more than luke warm after being shut down about an hour prior to the test, and I used no extra oil ( didnt know that I was supposed to)

This is at about 2100 miles, and the first time I've ever done a compression test on a snowmobile. Guess the Polaris 800 paranoia must be rubbing off on me ;)

Premium Features