• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not that I would be in a position to confirm or deny this, but now that someone else has published it, I suppose its fair game for discussion...

http://sledrumors.com/2013/01/27/20...maha-snowmobile-predictions-and-launch-dates/

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles
2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same.

The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback.

Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

The countdown has begun..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Those rumors were over half true.

I think there is going to be a new sled in my future.:face-icon-small-hap

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I'm hoping for a lightweight direct injected triple two-stroke and a 4-stroke factory boosted also available as well.

If they are gonna bring back the Mountain Max name it had better be a true mountain chassis and not a glorified trail sled. And it has to be a triple whether is a two or four-stroke:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Yamaha Mountain Sled for 2015

of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

Last edited:

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, yamaha clutches and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

That sounds a lot like my newly acquired Viper XTX next fall is going to look like! Can't wait!

Jager Bomb 243

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2009
Deforest Wisconsin
I ordered a Viper XTX as well, if/when I go to the mountains next year I have the option of putting the powerclaw track on the viper (factory track from XF highcountry model) if everything would clear underneath.

As far as the new 15 sleds go they said at the dealer meeting, in Febuary, they are coming out with a new sled with a new engine each year for the next 5 years. So time will tell!! I think its a good thing to have these two manufactuers "share technology" its good for both brands.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
of course Yamaha will have a long track viper for 2015, it is inevitable it will be a proclimb chassis with the Nytro motor probably and they will probably offer the MC express turbo as a factory installed option. This is what I want from Yamaha a viper (proclimb) with a 162"x 2.6" power claw, yamaha clutches and a Nytro motor with yamaha clutches then put an Impulse Turbo on it about 310HP on Avgas. then you have Yamaha 4 -stroke reliability, and Big HP, Yamaha clutches, proclimb Chassis, and the new Powerclaw. Another big plus would be Raptor coil overs from the factory. I would defiinitely jump ship from Cat 2 stroke turbo to Yamaha 4 stroke Turbo- best of the best!!

That ain't asking much!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A few more tidbits that I came across today about the Nytro Replacement.

The new sled will be offered with a, hold your breath, a Factory 174 Looong Track option.

Brand new chassis designed and manufactured by Arctic Cat

Brand new 3 cylinder 4 stroke engine designed and manufactured by Yamaha, pulling it's new technology from the Motorcycle division's latest creations!

The engine will come factory boosted with a turbo on it.

The fate of this new sled depends on how the current partnership between Yamaha and Arctic Cat fares over the next 6 months.

Apparently there is a long list of changes that Yamaha is asking Arctic Cat to make to the Vyper Prototypes, chief among them being a resolution to the frame flex causing drive failures on Arctic Cats this season.

The long and short of it is this.
Yamaha is FORCING Arctic Cat to UP THEIR QUALITY, while Arctic Cat is forcing Yamaha to build a more time competitive sled that is not obsolete and over-engineered the day it is released after a development cycle that is entirely too long and drives up the retail price.

Like all marriages, both partners are being forced to make compromises they are not accustomed to. But the end result might be REALLY GOOD for both of them, and for us as well.

Now the bad news.
This sled is NOT scheduled to debut in 2014.
Looks like its aimed for a march 2015 debut.

So we have two more seasons of Nytro before our long awaited replacement shows itself.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Also.
As for the MOUNTAIN MAX name.
It was suggested we should watch the Yamaha TRADEMARK to see if it gets renewed..

Renewal will come due in June 2014..

Typed Drawing
<hr align="LEFT" width="20"> <table border="0"><tbody><tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Word Mark </td> <td> MOUNTAIN MAX</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Goods and Services</td> <td>IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: snowmobiles and structural parts therefor. FIRST USE: 19950716. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950716</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Mark Drawing Code</td> <td>(1) TYPED DRAWING</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT"> Serial Number</td> <td>74730580</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Filing Date</td> <td>September 18, 1995</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Current Basis</td> <td>1A</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Original Filing Basis</td> <td>1B</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Published for Opposition</td> <td> June 4, 1996</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Registration Number</td> <td>2070607</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Registration Date</td> <td>June 10, 1997</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Owner</td> <td>(REGISTRANT) Yamaha Hatsudoki Kabushiki Kaisha DBA Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 2500 Shingai, Iwata-shi Shizuoka-ken JAPAN</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Attorney of Record</td> <td>Jennifer M. Lantz</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Type of Mark</td> <td>TRADEMARK</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Register</td> <td>PRINCIPAL</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Affidavit Text</td> <td>SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20070606.</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Renewal</td> <td>1ST RENEWAL 20070606</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Live/Dead Indicator</td> <td>LIVE</td></tr></tbody></table>

Premium Features