• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 800 Pro RMK Primary spring ?

G
Jan 12, 2012
Ok have a dumb question. I have a 13 800 Pro RMK and I had a 2012 Assault RMK last year and have been out west on it a few times. Grabbed my high elevation spring and weights that I used on that sled. Pop off the clutch cover change out the weights. Get ready to put the black and purple spring in and notice that it is not even close to the same as the spring that was on there. So I am assuming that the spring I had won't work on the RMK and that I need a different spring but haven't been able to figure out which one. I am going to cooke so what spring do you recommend.

G
Jan 12, 2012
Let me revise my original question a little bit. The spring that came off my RMK is a much smaller diameter than the spring I used on my assault RMK. I didn't think much about it since they are the same engine and one year apart. The black and purple spring I have isn't even close to fitting in the spring recess on the clutch cover or the clutch. I tried looking up the right spring but I can't find anything specific on it. I would guess that the diameter of the spring that came off my rmk is about and inch and half while the spring i used before is closer to 3 inch diameter. I didn't measure them but thats about my guess.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Your looking at a secondary spring vs a primary spring is my guess. Shouldn't be any difference in width between 12 and 13.

That's what I was thinking when I started reading this also!

I don't think Polaris has a black/purple primary spring.

Premium Features