• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods on a pro?

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
really liking my 3" track, Mike Taylor footwell vents and Canada Sled Parts Guage Lifter with SPAL fan - also got the Passo Vented cap but I see there may be a cheaper alternative now

T
Nov 11, 2008
This is my first Pro after being on a Doo for many years. I have had quite a bit of seat time on them though and even after a half dozen rides this year I am already more confident knowing I will be on the Pro full time.

Mods wise,

- tether, I think safety is number one and having had sleds get away with stuck throttles, pinned open upside down and so on a tether is number one that should go on a mountain sled. I am running the Phantom Teth Air from Source Innovations. Some people may balk at the idea of running such a tether but once installed and set up to your liking no other Tether can match what these tethers can do. Roll over protection, instant shut down, rpm sensitive protection. http://www.sourceinnovations.ca/product/phantom-teth-air/ Dave Norona just did a recent video with this tether on his Doo as well.

- skid plate, I like the Skinz float. I will monitor the snow buildup over the winter to see if I need to cut back the sides near the arms. I ran skid plates on most sleds though for that early season protection.

- quick drive protector, I have the VanAmburg one, again, early season riding could be bad news for how close the belly pan is to the QD.

- footwell screens. I had a feeling the left footwell would be bad for getting snow into the drive belt area but I was surprised how much got into the QD area. I just used simple stainless mesh to cover the area.

- I am running an aftermarket can. I didn't like how goofy my muff pot mounted to the stock can, and I can't remember but I think it was a 12 pound difference from stock to aftermarket. I did weigh them just to see. So adding some skid plates added weight, swapping out to a different can reduced some weight. Also in the mountains I am not worried about noise issues.

- Bumpers, added a used ModRods front bumper and a NxtLvl rear bumper. I had broken the carbon one in the past on a borrowed sled and didn't want to be replacing one of those again and really liked how the NxtLvl bumper was raised in the back. The ModRods front is a little beefy. I may have opted for a different one if I didn't get a good price on the used one.

- storage, I like the NxtLvl windshield bag, also running a small Skinz handlebar bag from my Doo and the Skinz Powderpack from my Doo. The powder pack is nice because it keeps everything dry but can store almost completely flat when not used. I really like the track system on the Pro. Very easy to add and remove items without drilling holes. I do have a MountainAddication jerrycan/bag combo to mount as well which makes it easy to add the extra storage and fuel when I need it.

- I cut the stock bars back a little as well, about 3/4" both sides. I am not sure about these bars. I am short but when standing find them at a very comfortable height. I do want to try shorter bars though as I always ran very short risers on my other sleds.

- tool kit, not a mod but there are very minimal tools in the OEM kit. I like to keep a few extras in a tool wrap. What you carry in your tool kit is personal preference.

Make sure to read your manual and set up your suspension properly. It is a base line setting but it makes a world of difference.

Wow amazing what I did to a sled that I said I wouldn't be doing anything to. Haha, and I didn't even mention my awesome Carl's clutching.

Last edited:

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Corking the handlebars, night and day difference in warmth

Muffpot for warm food !

Skid plate

Storage

ride!!!

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
best mods

Clutching is the best bang for the buck mod.
Next would probably be suspension, but that can get expensive depending on how much you want to spend on shocks.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
TRS came up with this one!

Default $14.99 alternative
The 2015 BRP e-tec cap(519000273) is an alternative for venting our oil tank. It's a clean install, pulls zero vacuum to open and does not leak when tipped. Used a mighty vac to vacuum test and tipped the sled on its side for 10 min. No leak. Direct replacement, I ordered 5 today. $14.99 retail.

I am going to buy two of these shortly. Thank you TRS!

zeke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I've got an '11. PRO and it rocks!

-SLP stage 3 kit
-SLP clutch kit
-SLP cold air intake
-Avid extended chain case
-2.36 gearing
-3"- 163 camo track
-'14 seat

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Tether for safety first!!

Make sure you're not to light on weights, use heel heavy weights if changing.
PAR head for your altitude and/or fuel.
Set up suspension, maybe upgrade rear track shock and valve/spring the front shocks.
Tunnel reinforcements up front.
Engine torque arm.
Verify oil use and correct if to low!!

Oil and gas!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Putting cork between the handle bar and heater element. The aluminum bars suck most of the heat away from the heater. The cork is an insulator and prevents the aluminum dissipating the heat so instead it goes into your hands where it is needed.

Premium Features