• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Pro tight foot loops

R
Dec 17, 2007
The foot loops on the pro are causing problems and injuries the Klim
boots are getting stuck in a rool over and ankle and knee problems
resulted plus being stranded and not able to get your foot out.
Has anyone contacted Polaris about this, I have and they say they have not heard about this before??

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Never heard of anyone complaining about that. My feet are never that far forward. The only time my feet are even in that spot is when I'm stopped and kicking snow out of that area. I also wear klim boots, Zero issues with what your describing. Eric

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I had it happen on the iq chassis once... Fell off the sled foot stuck in there , got dragged for 50ft laying on the ground. My body was paralell with the ground and my foot was in there as if I was standing on the machine. I couldn't get up due to the akward position a buddy had to lift me up. Thought my knee and ankle were gonna be toast for sure... Luckily no issue.
Never wore those boots again, they were the klim adrenaline boot.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The foot loops on the pro are causing problems and injuries the Klim
boots are getting stuck in a rool over and ankle and knee problems
resulted plus being stranded and not able to get your foot out.
Has anyone contacted Polaris about this, I have and they say they have not heard about this before??

Ahhh . . . someone other than me has noticed this too! I had a severely broken and dislocated ankle (healed now) due to this exact issue. $22,000 surgery which included a plate and 12 screws. My foot got caught under the left foot loop and sled rolled on it's right side with my left foot stuck. These foot loops need to be raised about 2" higher to help avoid this. At least your foot would have a chance to roll out if it got stuck like mine did. I am VERY conscious of foot placement now, but ones feet move all over the place on those running boards when backcountry riding so it not always possible to keep them in back of this "foot trap".

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Lets see, Polaris sells a million sleds and every rider wears boots but Polaris hasn't heard of this problem?
3 out of 91 people on a snowmobile forum have had this happen, one had to get expensive surgery to be able to walk properly again.

Ya, ok Polaris. Whatever your lawyers tell you to say. :der:

J
Oct 18, 2014
Wasilla, AK
I noticed how tight they were on my 14 but being new to the sled without a ride in yet I didn't think to much of it. I can see how your foot could get caught and do some major damage though.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Randalls:

You got the standard Polaris answer -- "we've never heard of that before". High-toed boots will definitely get stuck under those loops. Someone on another site mentioned this exact problem and was going to refab those loops. Waiting to see what he does.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
it happened to me. one of the first things i noticed when i went from my cat to this sled

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
not a fan of the hoops - I am just getting use to riding the pro but have found myself on top of the hoops on one side or another several times when working through a technical downhill/sidehill maneuver

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
We used to see this more on the '11's-'12's, where people were more inclined to either install Airframes and get too greedy with the screws up front, or the other board inserts available that have all the cleats pointing forward. People were recomending a certain brand of insert (don't remember which ATM) that had the first two cleats pointing backwards to allow you to have good traction but not being a boot trap.

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Never had an issue with my old boots but I went and bought the new FXR tactic BOA boots and that's the first thing I noticed. Taller boot and Burandt boards together its just an injury waiting to happen I'm open to ANY suggestions.

J
Feb 4, 2010
fort mac
im off work right now because of this. high ankle sprain and torn ligaments, happened 2 weeks ago in revy.
just fell off weird and foot was stuck in the loops it was extremely painful

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
i had it happen to me several times. I wear a size 14 Klim boot. Luckily I fell off the same side as the sled tipped over. I had a hell of a time getting my boot out of the loop. Was going to untie my boot so I could get my foot out of it.
I thought it was due to my large boots. Now at least I know it happens to others. I can't risk a foot stuck in the stirrup, just had a complete new knee surgery done in October.
Ron

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Happened to me twice already, I stopped turned around and stood up at the same time to let my group catch up and my left foot got caught in the hoop. Luckily no injuries, I almost fell to the ground each time but grabbed my bars to hold me up. I wear a size 14 Klim adrenaline boot.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
So, what are the loops good for anyway? If it's structural rigidity, Polaris could have bent them in, instead of out. I have Klim Arctic boots, which are quite thick, but have never had an issue. If you're standing that far forward, I'd probably suggest softening up your front track shock.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Size 12 stomper2's have lots of extra room. The pro boards are extremely sharp and grippy at first though... I've read more than a couple threads where guys were filing down some areas.

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
Sounds like you guys should be contacting Klim, not Polaris. I run a Salomon Toundra boot and never had an issue. Despite popular belief, big boots are not needed to keep you warm. The Toundra boot is as light as my summer hiking boots, not much larger in size and rated to -40. Only been cold in them when they were wet.

Premium Features