• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO RMK RK Tek Review!!!

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
oh man that sucks ! sorry :face-icon-small-sad
it seems crazy it would fly into the airbox ???

those long gouges look like it was something bigger ? any pics of the broken clamp ?

Last edited:
Y
Nov 12, 2010
Spokane WA
View attachment 244820

The two cylinder alignment dowels

Oh no those are still there in the cases. I set the pieces i took out of the piston and it matches up exactly with what broke off on the clamp. Has the same thickness and same width. I dont have the actual clamp any more i matched it up with the new clamp. I am positive this is it. Nothing is missing or broken. All rings are still intact, circlips are perfect, ring alignment pins are perfect. Got a new piston coming and ill try it out this weekend. Hopefully it lasts longer than 10 miles lol
Ive been reading around, should i bump my ring end gap from .018 to .020? Or more?
I did notice a very slight mark on the other piston on the intake side. Its not bad at all
Heres a few pictures:

20141217_182446_zps138d1bab.jpg

20141217_182433_zpsf3f1fce7.jpg

20141217_182504_zps4548ef0b.jpg

Last edited:

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
personally i wouldnt mess with the gap. mine were all right at .018 when i put the rk tek pistons in mine. 125 miles so far and all good.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I can't believe that those little pieces did all of that damage. I'd think that they would have blown out the exhaust at some point. I'd look long and hard at another culprit.

Y
Nov 12, 2010
Spokane WA
I can't believe that those little pieces did all of that damage. I'd think that they would have blown out the exhaust at some point. I'd look long and hard at another culprit.

The broken piece was bigger than what I found. These pieces were stuck in the piston. I'm sure the rest flew out the exhaust. As far as the bottom end I don't think anything went down. I ran a magnet through it and not a single piece of metal came out.

Y
Nov 12, 2010
Spokane WA
How's the cylinder wall?

The recoil side cylinder is good but the PTO side has damage. The piece caught is a couple ports..
Also the piece i pulled out of the piston fits perfectly in the gouge in the side of the piston. I am positive this is the issue. Like i said the rest of the pieces must have gone out the exhaust.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Pull motor. And start flushing with mixed gas. I guarantee there's filings down there. Been there. Even if it don't blow the next ride out the filings will be hard on your new pistons. Better safe than sorry.

Premium Features