• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project "Tree Flosser" Montana Adrenaline & Kurt's Polaris Custom Sled Build...

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Getting the gear down tomorrow from Kurt's... Cant beat that deal.

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
Motor is installed and sled shined up for the Snow Days Event at Kurts Polaris today. This project has been a great success so far. We had a surprising amount of visitors in the shop today that came into view the Tree Flosser project. Many of them had said they followed our project from day 1 of the build and couldn't believe how much detail went into building it. From it's color matched rivets throughout, to the completely flow matched and ported big bore motor. Some of the comments I heard people use to describe the sled while conversing today were : awesome/rad/sick/good/cool/yummy/sexy/sweet...

I'd like to thank those that have followed our build! Our project is not over yet and some say "has yet only begun." We hope you will continue to follow us as we take project "Tree Flosser" into the backcountry.

IMG_6851.jpg IMG_6853.jpg IMG_6858.jpg IMG_6863.jpg IMG_6859.jpg IMG_6870.jpg

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
Dont wanna be a hater...but you will have one hot running Pro with powder coated heat exchangers...you will have to remove the paint from inside of tunnel
:face-icon-small-con

But cool build for sure!!!

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
Dont wanna be a hater...but you will have one hot running Pro with powder coated heat exchangers...you will have to remove the paint from inside of tunnel
:face-icon-small-con

But cool build for sure!!!

Thanks for the "cool build pat on the back" IQ. AS Sledneck-03 stated. The outside of the heat exchangers are powder coated which is no different in my mind then having a wrap put on. As for the inside of the tunnel the heat exchangers were tapped off and left raw aluminum. Everything besides that was covered. Should help assist with shedding that extra 20-30 pounds of snow building.

IMG_6716.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yes I agree tilting the bars forward that far curls up the bar ends. I have done this in the past on my 13 to take the girlfriend out on trail rides. The bar ends "hook" to the sky

Are you running any kind of padding over the plate or perhaps going to round the corners off in the plate as much as possible on the final version. The corners on that version look painful in any kind of handlebar impact

My nuts thank you for considering padding or edge rounding in advance

The square part of the post under the green adapter is the same size as the adapter so rounding the corners would make the actual protruding corner sharper as it is only one layer.

You would need both legs broken backwards at the hips to hit your nuts on the adapter plate.

A knee would be possible.

Just some observations.

I like my bars to turn without any swing.
I think you will like the powdercoated tunnel my brothers sled sheds snow really well and stays cool just fine.

Last edited:

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Super Q can?

Eric, how do u like that can, any negatives with that one, like, not enough back pressure or anything like that? How does it sound?

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
We have a complete set of white or black panels. Not sure if we should get a wrap or maybe Hydro dip then. What's your thoughts since you brought up a good question?

Needs some Carbon Fiber vents for sure!

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
Eric, how do u like that can, any negatives with that one, like, not enough back pressure or anything like that? How does it sound?

I must say the Skinz Super Q silencer 95 DB sounds really good on this big bore. It may be a little on the loud side once its put in WFO mode... I really like the low and mid range sound of the machine but it moves so much more air through the motor and is super snappy compared to stock. They make an Ultra Q which is 85 DB rated but also looks similar in size as a stock silencer. It is much lighter in weight of course.

Cheers...

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
awesome looking sled! have you had it on the snow ?

Going out this weekend after finally getting snow here in Western Montana. I have put the finishing touches on the gear down setup and clutching I 'm going to use for a base line with the sled. If all goes well, we will be headed to McCall Idaho with it to run with the turbo sled on 7 psi. Both same track length and track. Hoping for great snow and successful results. Time will tell!!!

Thanks for following our build and Happy Holidays...

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
hey Whitey

Did u test fit the BIG bottom gear on there yet? She's tight, I didn't like it, toooo tight. Goin back to the 2.43...

The little guard pan needs to be a bit bigger.... I could make it work, but it's just too close..

Last edited:
Premium Features