• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHICH SKIS WORK BEST ON PRO

A
Dec 25, 2009
BOUGHT A 2013 PRO, THE PREVIOUS OWNER TOOK THE SKIS OFF AND PUT ON A SET OF OLD GEN II SKIS. JUST WONDERING WHICH SKIS PEOPLE FEEL WORK THE BEST. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Not sure why you would ever want edge skis over the stock ones.:noidea: The stock skis work great, still the best stock skis by any manufacturer if you ask me.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Dude, easy on the CAPS LOCK.:face-icon-small-win

The stock "gripper" ski works great in deep snow. Many guys on this forum, me included, replace the stock ski rubber/bumper with C&A bumpers. Use the search function, there are multiple threads on this topic.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I think it has been shown that the doo rubber is better than the c&a. Either is better than stock rubbers.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The Stock 11-15 Polaris Grippers are great skis, IMO the best stock built to date..

I have been through many through out the years and never really liked any of them. I have not tried the new C&A MTX/BTX so not sure how they do only that I have friends that have taken the MTX's off after using them for a season.

I have the newer Curve Skis now and after a full season I love them.

Skis are way two different for each person to say what is best... You just have to try one till you like them, but the Polaris Gripper is a great ski.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have mohawks. i find them to be better than grippers.
i also have a set of bx sitting on the garage floor waiting to go on
just waiting for more snow

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
The only aftermarket ski i have rode with on a pro that was even slightly better than the stock grippers were the mohawks. For the money I would buy a set of used stock skis and be done. Far better places to spend coin on a pro.

dpfost

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
The SLP Mohawks work very well on the Pro. You would not be disappointed in them for sure. Got mine at Carls Cycle in Boise. Talk to Chris at 208-853-5550.

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
On my '11 RMK I replaced the stockers with a set of SLP Powder Pros that I did the Carls Cut on, sold that sled and ran the stock Grippers on my '13. I didn't see any difference, the Grippers held the hill the same. About the only reason I could see to change skis from the factory Grippers were if you were running some wild color scheme.

Chad

Premium Features