• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 switchback assault check engine and bog

D
Oct 23, 2016
Maine
Started my sled the other day and went to move it and as soon as the clutch engages the motor instantly dies down and stalled on me a couple times and then the check engine light flashes. Does it in both forward and reverse. Went back out today to try it and at first it was fine went forward fine but then when I put it in reverse it started to act up. Anyone have any ideas?

D
Oct 23, 2016
Maine
Sorry brain fart with the tss. I can feather the throttle right up until it engages the clutch. Then it will stall if I stay into the throttle. If I back out it will return to an idle and run smooth. Fuel filter?

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Throttle Safety Switch. Little switch inside the throttle block. If the computer senses that switch for operation when the throttle bodies are open. Safety thing...

Alot of times a simple adjustment of the throttle cable may fix ya right up.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
When the check engine light is on..... leave the engine running....

Set parking brake (brake indicator needs to be on dash to signal ECU)
And push one of the buttons on the MFD (dash) repeatedly until the code shows up on the display

Can't remember which button but just try them both and it will come up as long as the check engine light is illuminated.

Grab the code and report back....

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
That's a throttle position sensor (TPS) error, abnormal rate of change. Bad gas can throw that code, but since you changed the gas out, your TPS likely needs to be replaced.

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
That's a throttle position sensor (TPS) error, abnormal rate of change. Bad gas can throw that code, but since you changed the gas out, your TPS likely needs to be replaced.

Hopefully not replaced but just reset into factory specs. My 11 was showing the same code. I took it to dealer and they reset it and adjusted Throttle cable freeplay gave the sled the once over for $45 (1/2 hour minimum charge)
There is a procedure to do it yourself if you have the knowledge/skills http://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-287858.htmlskills

Premium Features