• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Polaris rmk pro crashed, tunnel swap help!

J
Oct 4, 2016
My 2013 rmk pro 800 155 needs a new tunnel, for my area a 155 isn't needed and I managed to find a 2013 assault being parted out and I can get the tunnel and rails for a good deal, does anyone know if the assault tunnel will fit my rmk pro as well as the rails and what else will I need from the assault if those parts fit to complete the swap ?! Thanks !

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
The assault chassis har some more brackets in the front to strenghten it, and the holes for the front suspension are drilled lower, but it is easy to redrill in same position as the pro.

Assault also has chaincase instead of a quickdrive, but the QD assembly mounts right up to the assault chassi:)

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
I am assuming because he mentioned shorter track he is looking at the Switchback Assault (144). Tunnel should attach in same fashion as the Pro-RMK. Not positive on the footwell/loop situation will be like, but I think it should go on. I was not a fan of the SB Assault footboards as they didn't clean out well, but that can be changed. The rear overstructure might be different from the Assualt, but think it still attaches at the same points on the tunnel. Tomorrow when I am in the shop I can take a look at a 144" Voyager we have sitting here, its the same tunnel setup as the SB Assault.

Remember the SB Assault rails are more tipped up and don't provide the same ride as the RMK rails. The Assault RMK rails are a different beast also.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Hey The Bob.

"don't provide the same ride as the RMK rails"
Can you expand on that? Are You talking trail ride or deep snow ride? Have you swapped Assault rails to an RMK To add some travel or something?

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I assumed you were looking at a 155" assault tunnel, not a switchback assault, if so I would recommend you get one in 155.

I have recentl built an 146" pro rmk based on a SBA 144, there are alot of differences between the teo sleds, the SBA is not made for the deep snow lile the pro and assault 155.

- The SBA has different Center to center on the rear skid and the drop brackets are several inches more forward than on the pro, and would need to be changed if keeping the 155".

- The rear overstructure is wider because of the wider running boards, the angle of the handlebar and the handlebar t top rod is different.

- Side bellypans are different bwtween the two, and wont interchange.

Also cutting the runningboards to fit burandt style boards is alot of work.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features