• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Peak 2.5 on a SBA

Currently running a '13 SBA. I'm thinking about putting the Peak 2.5", 146", 2.86 drive, track on my SBA. Looking at the AVID 8 tooth drivers and anti-stab kit. Will I have enough clearance for this track on my sled? Any other tips are welcomed.

Had plenty of room on my 11' assault 155".

MrIQR what gearing did you go with?

I will let you know in a few weeks. Doing this myself with stock rmk drivers i found new take offs. Prairie snow that occasionally gets pretty deep i think the peak 2.5 with be a ski's optional kind of sled.

pulltype, what gearing are you planning to go with?

P
Mar 23, 2013
Choiceland sask
I was running 19/43 already so I'll try it but it might be too low we'll see. The new drivers are smaller diameter so top speed I'm guessing will be 80ish mph.
One moose down now cow elk draw to go. Damn priorities are all mixed up. Even more crazy since we have enough snow to do some testing. Some has melted but we got 16" on the 6 of October.

I was running 19/43 already so I'll try it but it might be too low we'll see. The new drivers are smaller diameter so top speed I'm guessing will be 80ish mph.
One moose down now cow elk draw to go. Damn priorities are all mixed up. Even more crazy since we have enough snow to do some testing. Some has melted but we got 16" on the 6 of October.

I've still got the 20/42 that I had with the 2.52 driver. I'm gonna try that and see. Contemplating dropping to 19 on the top to get back closer to 2.3 overall ratio.
Wish we had snow to do some testing. Still above freezing out here.

P
Mar 23, 2013
Choiceland sask
Well I was nervous pressing on the new drivers but took a lot of measurements with calipers before i pressed the old ones off. Definitely roll sled on the right hand so chain case is down so you can see to line up shaft and not damage the seal. All went good and took it for a quick test drive last night and no ratcheting or alignment issues .

P
Mar 23, 2013
Choiceland sask
I figured id update since we finally have enough snow to ride now. Wow. Thats all i have to say about that. Lol. Hard to keep the skis down now. Just have to learn not to go over backwards. Never had a turbo sled so not sure if this is as good of an upgrade for a sba but its gotta be close.

Premium Features