• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Installing B&M Footwell Hoops Yet?

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I got the notification today that mine were on the way. Wanted to see if anyone is working on their install yet - looking for tips/tricks. Especially related to cutting the old ones off. Thanks in advance.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Getting mine together, still doing some filing. They click onto the tube with some serious precision. Trying to trim my footwell snow blockers so I can use them with it. Looks like a rivet into the outer tube will hold it tight.

Drop the whole skid and jack or hang the sled from the rear bumper. You can then pull down on the top of the track and reach up from the behind the skid bolt area and get to the bracket. I took a cheap reciprocating saw and cut the down tube on an angle right behind the weld then cut the outer portion off and filed it all.

2015-12-08 18.25.57.jpg

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Installed mine yesterday - really happy with the hoops.

Now we just need to talk to Mike Taylor about turning out some footwell vent covers to match this setup.

--Perk

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
Foot loops

I installed these last year. if I was going to do it again I would have just cut the foot loops off and took them to a shop to have them welded up a little higher. To me that seems easier.

Premium Features