• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Procharger for the pro

H

htsbills

Dec 28, 2010
SC Pro

The supercharger kits for the Pro 800 come with larger injectors and make 8 lbs of boost. This is the kit sold by Carls.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
If you knew who this is you would feel really stupid. He talked to Jack and we are both right in a way. Done with this.

Your previous posts intimate that "bill" is or was involved in the developement, I am guessing based on the tidbits offered that he works for or is associated with speedworx?

When a person is exclusively selling a product I consider them to be the expert, however I wouldn't want to harbor any delusions :face-icon-small-sho how is your info correct and mine misinformed? :noidea:

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
The kit makes 7lbs at Brundage Reservoir. I spoke to Jack yesterday and told him about this post just to clear things up. At Wongs Bowl it is making 6.4lbs. It will obviously change with elevation. Without sounding cocky, this is the TRUE answer. He said expect 6.5lbs at elevation of around 8000ft.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
The kit makes 7lbs at Brundage Reservoir. I spoke to Jack yesterday and told him about this post just to clear things up. At Wongs Bowl it is making 6.4lbs. It will obviously change with elevation. Without sounding cocky, this is the TRUE answer. He said expect 6.5lbs at elevation of around 8000ft.

OK, maybe that is the disconnect. The guys at speedworx (much lower elevation) would see 8lbs of boost, here at a higher elevation..........not so much. :face-icon-small-ton

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
You nancy's can't tell the difference between 6.5lbs or 8lbs anyway:face-icon-small-hap

6.5" looks adequate until it is compared to 8". :face-icon-small-blu

Those who want fantastic throttle response with some more power will be very happy, those wanting to climb against a turbo will probably be less than happy with the results.

Anthony, did you feel the extra gyroscopic weight of the supercharger?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I rode the prototype unit last June at Snowbank. It has nice throttle response. It is not as strong as my old 09 Dragon Turbo but I didn't expect it to be. The only thing that I didn't like was it sounded like I was inside an old washing machine. Lots of mechanical noise which is to be expected. Maybe the honed in production version has less mechanical noise emanating from it. I guess that I will find out some time this season when I am out with the guys from Carl's. It is a very sanitary setup as one expects from Jack. I can't afford/don't need a turbo or a supercharger. I will be satisfied with a 16 with the H.O. motor and another reduction in weight. I hope that will happen.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I rode the prototype unit last June at Snowbank. It has nice throttle response. It is not as strong as my old 09 Dragon Turbo but I didn't expect it to be. The only thing that I didn't like was it sounded like I was inside an old washing machine. Lots of mechanical noise which is to be expected. Maybe the honed in production version has less mechanical noise emanating from it. I guess that I will find out some time this season when I am out with the guys from Carl's. It is a very sanitary setup as one expects from Jack. I can't afford/don't need a turbo or a supercharger. I will be satisfied with a 16 with the H.O. motor and another reduction in weight. I hope that will happen.

I think it is a virtual certainty you will get your Axys/RMK next year, as for how much lighter................ crap, my crystal ball is fogging up.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Anthony does Jack have any plans to sell more of a race gas kit with the boost turned up around 12psi

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I spoke with them today, current offering is for elevations below 9000. They are hoping to have higher elevations kits by January. The high elevation option should also accomadate a lower elevation race gas version.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
The SC was pretty sweet. I didn't notice any gyroscopic affect. It actually had a lite throttle feel, if that makes sense. It spools up instantly and has every bit as much throttle response as a 900, but with more bottom end and mid range power. Top end it flattens out compared to a turbo, but that is to be expected, and it was only running 6-7lbs, so go figure. I rode it back to back with my turbo. My turbo has the new LW crank, ported motor, reeds, GTX2860 water-air; needless to say, it is pretty strong. However, the SC did have better throttle response and was equal in low end power(which is pretty good considering my set-up). Mine does pull away in the mid range and obviously on top. My thoughts between the 2 comes down to what you are looking for. If you ride the trees and light tight technical riding, the SC is your answer; plus it still has plenty of top end to make 99% of people happy. In regards to Jack running more boost out of the SC, he did say they will be testing that later this season with different pulleys and fuel. However, I don't see him going hog wild on this as to some degrees that starts to defeat the purpose and strengths of the SC and you may as well have a turbo at that point. I'll talk to Jack later this week and can get a more definitive answer on that though.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
It spools up instantly and has every bit as much throttle response as a 900, but with more bottom end and mid range power.

Anthony,
Can you comment on the difference with the 900? Slightly more powerful, much more powerful, worth the extra money?

Thanks

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Well, its definitely more powerful, no doubt. Its hard to say exactly how much more powerful; if I had to guess, maybe 15-25hp more. The SC is just better everywhere compared to a 900. As for cost, I just called Jack and he said there is a $1000-1500 cost difference, and all SC kits from Carls will have intercoolers. In my opinion, it is worth the extra money. The only advantage that I see to the 900(aside it being a little cheaper) is that it does feel a little lighter. I mean, you don't have the extra weight that you do with a SC or turbo for that matter, so it has a lighter feel, and for some people, it has plenty of power. Also, Carls does have another pulley it will be testing this season but their focus is on the pump gas kit they are making right now. So to recap......I would choose a SC over a 900; BUT Jack himself is building a 900 for his own personal sled so like I said, it just depends on what you are looking for. And furthermore for that matter, I am running a Carls BD Turbo :)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think they're making everyone bring their sled to get it installed. Keeping a little more control on them. I might be wrong but I thought I heard that. Install is $800.

Premium Features