• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gasket/Seal rebuild kit and new crank - where to buy

S
Oct 13, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Hello,

I have a 2012 pro rmk 800. The output shaft snapped off and I consequently will be doing an entire rebuild. This is my first attempt at a full rebuild and I am wondering where would be the best place to purchase a new crank? My friend recommended northern crank out of MN. Also it is best to just buy all of the oem gaskets and seals or are there are other better options. The engine will also probably be getting rktek pistons and head.

Thank you for any help

Last edited:

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Hello,

I have a 2012 pro rmk 800. The output shaft snapped off and I consequently will be doing an entire rebuild. This is my first attempt at a full rebuild and I am wondering where would be the best place to purchase a new crank? My friend recommended northern crank out of MN. Also it is best to just buy all of the oem gaskets and seals or are there are other better options. The engine will also probably be getting rktek pistons and head.

Thank you for any help

There are a few good places. a good option is a factory Fuji replacement instead of of the one you have. Slp, Indy Dan northern are all good rebuilders aswell. If your going to do the rkt drop in kit I have a brand new one on the shelf I had leftover I would make you a killer deal on. It's 13.5 compression cheater head option wosner pistons pm me if interested

Last edited:
S
Oct 13, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Thanks for the reply's guys. Tinkerjohnson ill send you a PM about that kit! To my knowledge the Fuji crank is just the newer one that came in the 14+ sleds correct? I will look into that.

On the seal/gasket question: I cant seem to find any information on gasket sets. I would just like to not have to piece my way through one of these websites and end up missing a gasket or two halfway through putting it all back together. Is there a list somewhere of all PN's needed? or just an actual set that can be purchased? im coming up empty searching around..

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
In 2012 Polaris used both the mape crank and fugi crank. I got lucky and my 12 has a Fuji. There's a part# on the PTO end of the crank that will let you know what crank it is.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Make sure the gasket kit comes with new injector O rings and seals. The last spi full gasket kit that I bought for a cfi 600 did not have them. Buy Polaris upper connecting rod bearings/wrist bearings I've had a few of the after market bearings fail on me. The Polaris bearings are about $20.00 a piece. Also replace your motor mount bushings will you have the motor out.

S
Oct 13, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Currently this is my list of ordered or bought parts.

- RKTec Cheater head and pistons. Thanks Tinkerjohnson
- 2015 zero mile pulled crank. Thanks mtrsprt43
- Spi gasket set PN: 09-711310
- Spi fuel filter PN: SM-07167
- Spi Reed Petals PN: SM-07156B
- Polaris Motor Mount kit PN: 2204633

Is there anythnng else I should do while in this deep? how long is the water pump good for? in terms of resurfacing I am only planning on honing the cylinders.

Thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features