• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To sell stock or modded

B-Ridge Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Michigan
I am thinking about taking my 14 m8000 to haydays to sell should I put it back to stock or just take it the way it is? I have bdx headlight delete and post forward is the main one I don't want to do there. The skis, can, Mt Addiction and few other things I can do in 30 min. I guess what have you guys found is easier to sell? Looking at riding a snowbike this year so I won't need any of the parts. If I don't like the bike I will be on a lightly used 16 next year.

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
The easy stuff I would put back to stock, the harder stuff leave on. Like I have added a belt drive and it would be rather difficult to put the chain drive back on.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ive been going to Haydays for the last 12 years usually the heavily modded sleds are still around on Sunday but there is a small group of people looking for a sled like that. I would take the parts off that are easy to change and sell them separate you'll be money ahead.just my two cents good luck with the sale

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
hay days not really the place to get good money for your stuff. end up selling cheep just to have it gone and not haul home. in my experience better off holding till late october early nov . that is when u get good money.
any thing u dont want to just give away take off

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
When you are selling used 90% of people want a stock, unmoddified sled. Mods usually don't add very much if any value to a sled unless the person buying knows what he is buying. Your get more money returned to take your parts off sell them and the sled separately.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
I am thinking about taking my 14 m8000 to haydays to sell should I put it back to stock or just take it the way it is? I have bdx headlight delete and post forward is the main one I don't want to do there. The skis, can, Mt Addiction and few other things I can do in 30 min. I guess what have you guys found is easier to sell? Looking at riding a snowbike this year so I won't need any of the parts. If I don't like the bike I will be on a lightly used 16 next year.

If you decide to return it to stock pm me id be interested in the BDX headlight delete!

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I'm 50/50 on it these days.

Growing up when I would sell a sled I would ALWAYS pull everything I could off it and sell it in the most stock condition I could...and of course say it was never modified:face-icon-small-con

However these days it seems like these 18-19 year old kids who are buying these machine with all this money they are getting from who-knows-where seem to love the modified sleds. In there eyes the more mods it has, the less work/money they need to spend.

I would put it up as-is, see if any bites and then start pulling parts

Premium Features