• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for a Halfway report

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Any updates? I'm from Seattle and looking to ride Friday or Saturday. I rolled through the Blue's yesterday on my way back from WY and the top of the pass looked really good. I've never been to Halfway so any report and tips on where to launch from would be great. For extra credit anyone want to volunteer to guide?......lol. My buddy and I are on new sleds and experienced in the back country. We could pay for your gas or something. Just a thought.

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Would love to take up your offer:present: as I have only deer & elk hunted this country & not snow machined this @,also will be in the Sisters @ Moon Mt. with the family & freinds this week....Wish I could :help: & be there instead!!!! l<>l & KLAN!!!!

T
Dec 22, 2008
Wenatchee,WA
The snow in halfway is good right now, you will want to start from the clear creek snowpark and head towards fish lake, then take head towards sugar loaf on an ungroomed trail that takes off at the end of fish lake.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Is Halfway getting any new snow? There is a group of us heading that way Thursday to ride next weekend. How is the snow up high, how much at the warming cabin?

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
What happened to Stockmans, did they go out of business? I preferred to eat there over wild bills myself. Any word on the snow conditions?

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
it was great last weekend. forecast was calling for rain Monday and warmer I would check the forecast before you go.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
Anyone been up to Halfway lately, like in the past 5 days? We are rolling up there end of week and hoping for some decent snow.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I was there last Thursday and Friday it was terrible. We were supposed to be there until Sunday but decided to come home Friday night and go back later when there is more snow. There was probably 4'-5' up high but it had been rained on and was hard and crusty. Unless you are going to be in the area already I would not waste the trip, unless they get snow by the weekend of coarse.

S

sledless bdh

Nov 4, 2008
Hermiston, Oregon
Thinking of going tomorrow. New snow last night and all day today continuing through the weekend. Anyone going? Buddy and I have never been so would prefer to be with someone who has some experience with the area.

Austin

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Halfway report 1/17/15

EPIC!! New snow measuring in FEET! Rode today and yesterday!!
Sill dumping! If your not here your missing it! Sucks to be you.
See ya!

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
SS, is absolutely right! Pretty sure we saw them roll into the lot late Friday after we had the whole Mt to ourselves all day? It snowed Friday night and all day Saturday....so much fun. Best snow in OR right now! 2-4' of fresh :face-icon-small-coo

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
SS, is absolutely right! Pretty sure we saw them roll into the lot late Friday after we had the whole Mt to ourselves all day? It snowed Friday night and all day Saturday....so much fun. Best snow in OR right now! 2-4' of fresh :face-icon-small-coo

Ya that was us. You called it 24DRnkz. That was my fist time riding in OR. Had a blast. I will be coming back again real soon.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Thanks for the updates guys. Looks like it's warming and going dry this week. Hopefully it doesn't wreck the snow.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
What snow parks do you access the best snow from? What are the driving directions from Halfway to that snow park?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Sure didn't.

We were staying at Cornucopia so rode out of that area.

Did see a lot of trucks launching sleds from there, and a group of guys climbing in Clear Creek but no jugs.

Premium Features