• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rex XP- Rev XM Comparison Pic

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
No way is the Poo 5hp less than either the Cat or the e-tech, try closer to 20hp. I have seen the dyno sheets too...

Who's dyno sheet? You mean the one Dynotech Jim did on that beater pre-production RUSH 800 with 1900 miles on her that showed 143 HP? Amazes me that the Doo die-hards keep going back to that as their proof. Ask Dustin Pancheri or Kelsey how much the Pro makes (even uses a different head design than what was on that RUSH). They come in at somewhere in the mid 150's. Less than the Etec, to be sure, but not far enough out to make a diff in the steep and deep.

Bottom Line - Doo needs to lose some weight and Poo needs a stronger motor before either of them will see a dime more of my money. I think 2014 will be a much improved year for both brands compared to what I've seen for 2013.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ive seen dyno numbers for all 3 brands done by an independent researcher for both the 11 and 12 sleds..pretty consistent with what others have seen over the last 2 seasons ..poo 151, doo at 158 and cat at 159.....even if you give the cat and doo a 10 hp advantage at the crank, i bet the poo is at minimum on par at the track if not ahead of the other 2..and that may show more next year with the belt drive...all the manufacturers are bringing great sleds to market right now and thats great for us consumers....

C
Nov 23, 2009
I ride my Etec with 3 Pros every weekend here in BC. We are all very competent mtn riders. The Pros are great for technical riding, they make it look easy, but they can't take it anywhere that I can't follow (or lead!). On the other hand, on the steep and deep climbs, they can't keep up. I've seen it time and time again. They're amazing at sidehilling out of bowls though!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Great job. Not much difference. The position of the steering......interesting.
The main reason that people think the xp platform doesn't work is the steering??? (biggest diference )
I should put the C3 post forward on mine.........oops, I did!

How do you like that? Honestly.

And the 15 hp.

Touche'

50 pounds and 5 horsepower not 15. And it's way easier to add power than lose weight

How is 141 subtracted from 163 equal 5? Lose weight, get rid of the crappy exhaust can.

Thats not an issue for Pro riders.

Gash basher? ;)

I don't really get the pinecone jokes.. cant remember exact weights, but didn't they start when the XP came out in 08 at 430ish lbs and they were built out of recycled beer cans?? Now a 417 lb ish sled is built tougher than a 460 lb ish sled?

Been saying that for a month. Do as I say, not as I do.

Your moms a ball breaker

So's yours. She rides like a Yammie though

the dyno sheet on my kenmore elite has more ponies then the poo

I laughed.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
PJ-Hunter

How do you like that? Honestly.

If you draw a line, inline with the new Summit steering post, then measure up the height of the riser........it sits pretty close to the Poos steering. It also turns with little effort as it turning directly on the post and not in that factory arc.
It was never the chassis, it was the steering.........now I have the option of riding it back like the Poo or forward like the Doo, without changing the position of the bars!!

Carramrod

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2011
Kalispell, MT
From a science standpoint....
Polaris 417 lbs cool thats great. the problem i see is polaris reduced their weight by adding carbon fiber to their chassis. Carbon fiber gets a small chip or splinter an the strength of it is greatly reduced. and unlike aluminum it cant be bent straight or welded when broke.

Just my .02

Dec 7, 2007
Saskatchewan
From a science standpoint....
Polaris 417 lbs cool thats great. the problem i see is polaris reduced their weight by adding carbon fiber to their chassis. Carbon fiber gets a small chip or splinter an the strength of it is greatly reduced. and unlike aluminum it cant be bent straight or welded when broke.

Just my .02
From a practical common sense standpoint.

So how would a person chip carbon fibre tubes that are above the engine compartment? :face-icon-small-con

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I have seen multiple dynos of the new sled on the same day same dyno and they are all within 5 hp. And I'm sure cat and poo get more of that hp to the track than the doo
the last time i see track dyno numbers poo and doo made better hp to the ground then cat.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
If carbon fiber gets a splinter it isn't as strong as before OK correct but if you bend aluminum and straighten it it isn't as strong either, welding is different thou as is taping carbon fiber that has cracks. I am glad Doo is progressing look forward to riding one

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I believe the poo composite parts are all replaceable tubes...damage them you just replace them like anything else. They are just a cf over aluminum, not a true cf tube. Its really more of a trendy " look at my cf parts" thing, in the areas its being used i dont see any advantage over using an aluminum alloy... More marketing than anything else IMO.

Premium Features