• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightning Up A Yamaha Mountain Max

C
May 20, 2009
i have aftermatket silencer, im making a custom two wheel kit tommorrow, which boggie wheels?, and the transfer rods ??? tell me what happens if i take them off does it effect the handling or inporve it and do i have to put that aftermarket lightweight transfer rod?? thanks

lords88

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
I have a used mountain performance transfer kit if you are interested. I am pulling my skid out this weekend to swap out for a new one. PM if anyone needs stock skid parts.

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
buy a transfer enhancment kit from MPI www.mountainperformance.com
best $50 i spent on my MM, it gets rid of the transfer rods and you can adjust the ammount of ski lift you want, makes it a much funner sled.

tapex 07 pretty much nailed all the other things to lighten these sleds up.

lords88

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
I have a used mountain performance strap transfer kit for sale. Its great way to lose weight and get better transfer. I am swapping out my stock suspension for a new one so I have all of the components for sale if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Another vote for the transfer kit. Did this to my exwifes sled and made a huge improvement both in weight, and the way that the sled performed. Also did the mbrp can and dropped a ton of weight and put a poo series iv 151 under it and simmons skis. Totally different machine like that vs stock. You could actually take it off a groomed trail!!!

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
the best thing i ever did to my old Mountain Max was put a polaris Extra Lite skid under it. It lost 20 pounds and made the sled transfer way better!!

Me too. I'm running Polaris/Holz kits in my srx and wife's mtn max. Save weight and actually works like a sled suspension is supposed to.

A
Mar 24, 2009
Pierce,ID
I would put that Transfer Enhancement kit on and then you could get light weight trailing Arms,hood,Suspension get rid of the boggie wheels Boss Seat there is a lot you can do just depends on how much you want to spend

Last edited:

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
light weight hood

I have a couple light weigt hoods. I think they weigh 7#. Back in the day when we weighed the stocker fully loaded I think it was like 27#

Premium Features