• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper performance issues at high boost?

T
Mar 30, 2010
Who has it and what was there fix? Seems like anything over 7lbs runs like crap for the most part with both mpi and mcx kits. Is the issue in the cat electronics with safe mode coming on sooner when the oil pressure drops?? Is the evops reflash the only solution? I know both mpi and mcx have done nothing to curb this issue. Besides the oil breather reroute? Please keep this thread civil and on topic please!

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have ran my boost it viper to 14lbs with strait race fuel & no issues.
my oil light has only come on when i had it upside down so far.
i know alpine motor sports was working on a fix for it not sure how they have progressed on it though.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
When you say both kits what do you mean? We are running MPI kits up around 10 lbs, with no issues. Boost-it kits running 7 to 13 no problems.

What issue are you seeing?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Ok, I saw you edited the post so we know you are talking MPI and MCX. Mark Liepheimer is your go to for the MCX stuff. I have run the MPI kits from 5 to 11 pounds with no issues when set up right. We run out of injectors around 10 depending on elevation.

The Evolution re flash will raise the rev limiter, if you are hitting it this will help. I believe they now have an over ride in the ECU to keep the oil pressure switch in check. We have plug in kits to over ride the oil pressure switch if needed as well.

T
Mar 30, 2010
Ok, I saw you edited the post so we know you are talking MPI and MCX. Mark Liepheimer is your go to for the MCX stuff. I have run the MPI kits from 5 to 11 pounds with no issues when set up right. We run out of injectors around 10 depending on elevation.

The Evolution re flash will raise the rev limiter, if you are hitting it this will help. I believe they now have an over ride in the ECU to keep the oil pressure switch in check. We have plug in kits to over ride the oil pressure switch if needed as well.

plug in over ride kit?? who makes it and cost?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Who has it and what was there fix? Seems like anything over 7lbs runs like crap for the most part with both mpi and mcx kits. Is the issue in the cat electronics with safe mode coming on sooner when the oil pressure drops?? Is the evops reflash the only solution? I know both mpi and mcx have done nothing to curb this issue. Besides the oil breather reroute? Please keep this thread civil and on topic please!

What are you saying, does the oil light come on or have you turned the boost up without adding fuel so the engine starves and run lean?
You know MCX have a 270hp kit?
So 7 lbs isn't "high boost", but it's to high for the oem fueling as in stock injectors and/or stock fuel pressure.

T
Mar 30, 2010
its not a lean condition seems to lose power when the motor goes into safe mode only see it happen when the sled is standing on end wide open at 8600-8700 rpms. I run 100 octane at 10 lbs on my personal sled and several vipers ride with do the same thing

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Can you give a little more info on how it works????

not sure if they want to tell people how it works, since they are the only ones with it but,it will make your viper work like the nytro system did.
neil said you should run a tether with it though,just call the shop your not far from them,they mite tell you how it works, but it basically controlls the oil pressure switch.

Last edited:
R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
My understanding is that this "fix" just fools/bypasses the sensor....perhaps a resistor??

That's why the Tether is crucial. With the override in place the motor will destroy itself rather than shut down in a low oil/pressure scenario.

Premium Features