• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boat trailer conversion?

kcZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 1, 2014
Has anyone converted a boat trailer for hauling sleds? Thoughts? I'm thinking this or a single sled trailer may be in my near future. I don't haul more than 1 sled (till the 4 year old is ready to join), so anything bigger is not what I want to do. I really don't like hauling trailers, rather toss the sled in the pickup box but I have a new pickup and I'm shying away from that idea plus the trailer could double as storage with the sled sitting on the trailer year round except for the trips (I do not ride anywhere near home).

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
4x8 sheet of plywood with glides on it, put that in the truck and be done with it. Use a trifold ramp with glides on it too and you're set.

kcZ

Lifetime Membership
Oct 1, 2014
4x8 sheet of plywood with glides on it, put that in the truck and be done with it. Use a trifold ramp with glides on it too and you're set.

Yup... a very tempting option and likely what I'll end up doing in the end. The trailer has a side benefit though in that I can store the sled on it. I really want the sled out of the garage especially during the off season. I don't have a lot of storage at home but I do have options at other people's houses.

Premium Features