• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

warranty?

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
I bought a pro 2nd hand 2013 pro rmk does anybody know if the warranty transfers? never had a sled this new. bought it thru local ski doo dealer so didn't come from Polaris dealership? are the warranty's even transferable? any help would be great

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Warranty can transfer if you abide by all the fine print in the contract, you can contact Polaris customer service and they can tell you who holds the warranty. After the first year it is typically an aftermarket insurance provider, the clock is ticking there is usually a time limit on transfer from the date of sale. Good luck, I thought mine was covered and they denied a claim on a blown engine due to not having the paperwork in order.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Extended warranty transfer is usually 30 days from sale, with a $40US ish fee. Varies by provider. Paperwork is important.

One year OEM warranty is usually not a problem with a good poo dealer, if it still applies (it would have to have been a carryover 13). Good luck.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I was under the impression that the snow checks with the 4 yr warranty at that time (my13) were transferable the entire time of the warranty...?
At least that's what I was planning on saying when I'd be selling mine.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
the last one i dealt with was only transferable one time. so, original owner and the next guy to buy it. not usually a problem unless you have a 4 year warranty and it gets sold twice.

Premium Features