• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-Arm repair?

U
Nov 26, 2007
The glue came undone on a lower a-arm. I see the sticky for getting the glue but have not seen any repair process for the a-arms. Anyone have any tips for repairing?

2013 PRO 800

FYI - don't recommend aftermarket a-arms. I'm all for it and may go there eventually but the point of the thread is repair

U
Nov 26, 2007
How difficult is the alignment? Would seem to me that I could make some alignment marks before I take it apart and it would be exactly as is from the factory.

As far as the application what does it entail that makes it so specialized?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
From what I gather, both surfaces need to be bare metal with no presence of foreign material when they go together. Then the glue is injected into the joint after the parts are together so that it fills ALL of the free space between the parts. Slathering glue on both pieces and pushing them back together does not fully bond the parts. Kinda like gluing a handlebar grip on, most of the glue you put down ends up getting scraped off when you push the grip on, and only some remains inside where it is needed.

Premium Features