• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is your speedo off? Fix it! Here's how.......

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you have changed gear ratios, or changed drivers, you need to check this out. A small lightweight electronic box made by Healtech called the Speedo Healer model SH-V4 can easily solve your issues.

Here is the E-mail I received after testing the sensors and other variables for the Healtech tech. As both the 2411353 sensor and the 2410376 (the difference being the wires are about 1 1/2" shorter on the 2410376). While the 2410376 was used on the Dragons and IQ's they are functionally identical and the Healtech SH-V4 speedo healer will work for either one. For a plug and play option, someone has to know what these connectors are? That way you would have no splicing of the factory wiring.

"I can confirm the SpeedoHealer standard model will work great.
We do not have this type of connector, so you need our Universal kit, part no: SH-V4 + SH-U01"

www.healtech-electronics.com

The US distributor is Blue Monkey in Idaho, there is a Canadian distributor too but did not look into it. It is on the Healtech website.
Looks to be under $125.00 with USPS shipping. I just ordered 2 for under $250 to use on my current builds.

I have I'd the connectors used (Delphi). I have also passed this info on to Healtech and it sounds like they will be offing a plug and play harness in the near future.

Thanks for all the interest!

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If you have changed gear ratios, or changed drivers, you need to check this out. A small lightweight electronic box made by Healtech called the Speedo Healer model SH-V4 can easily solve your issues.

Here is the E-mail I received after testing the sensors and other variables for the Healtech tech. As both the 2411353 sensor and the 2410376 (the difference being the wires are about 1 1/2" shorter on the 2410376). While the 2410376 was used on the Dragons and IQ's they are functionally identical and the Healtech SH-V4 speedo healer will work for either one. For a plug and play option, someone has to know what these connectors are? That way you would have no splicing of the factory wiring.

"I can confirm the SpeedoHealer standard model will work great.
We do not have this type of connector, so you need our Universal kit, part no: SH-V4 + SH-U01"

www.healtech-electronics.com

The US distributor is Blue Monkey in Idaho, there is a Canadian distributor too but did not look into it. It is on the Healtech website.
Looks to be under $125.00 with USPS shipping. I just ordered 2 for under $250 my current builds.

Who has the connector ID info? As I would like to leave the stock harness and the sensor intact and just modify their universal connector kit to be a plug and play. PM me or post it either way works for me. Thanks!

That's so cool. I learned of the SpeedoHealer years ago when I had my '04 ZX-10R sportbike. It was a wild azz guess that it may work on sleds when I mentioned it in the other thread.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I got the low down on the connectors, it took me most of this rainy saturday to ID and locate them but it is done now. All the connector parts are under $10.00 so IMO there is no reason to hack into the stock wiring. I could either sell the connectors as a kit or buy some of the SH-U01 harnesses and install the connectors on them, if there is enough demand for a plug and play option. Below are the part numbers for the "do it yourself'ers"

Connector Part numbers and Quantities

Female Connector Body 12110293 x1
Male Connector Body 12129615 x1
Connector Wire Lock 12052845 x2 Both connector bodies use the same lock
Anti-vibration Security Lock 12020833 x2 Installs in the regular lock tab to prevent accidental disconnection
Female terminals 12048074 x3
Male Terminals 12045775 x3
Wire Seals (Silicone) 12089678 x6 both connectors use the same seals

Just submitted an order thru Mouser for the connectors and everything should be here and good to go long before the snow flies!

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
So if a guy wanted to build his own and didn't care about the fancy control box what would it take? What are they using to modify the signal? I assume its and A/C sign wave or is it a Square wave? Would a variable resistor work? Dial it in with a gps. Eric

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The Healtech tech sent me another E-mail asking for more info about the connectors. I forwarded him my findings and part numbers. There is a very good chance they will be offering a plug and play harness for us in the near future.

Awesome news!

*******UPDATE******
Healtech has confirmed that they have ordered the connectors to provide us with a plug and play option. As they are European (Hungary) based and their supplier is 60 days out for the connectors. Healtech extended me an offer to build my plug and play units for a modest fee if I provided them the connectors. I have taken them up on their offer and will have a few extras if some one needs one sooner. If you get the SH-U01 harness with your SH-V4 I'll swap you for a modest fee to cover the connector parts and postage. So far the customer service has been outstanding! Very happy with their correspondence and timely replies.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I received them today!

Pictures can be so deceiving, This unit is about the size and weight of your key fob. It is literally the same size as the Stock Delhi speed sensor connector pair. With the optionally installed top speed recall remote wiring and the plug and play connectors it weighs in at 145 Grams (Same weight as my Iphone 4S). The wiring weighs more than twice what the unit does. This cute little unit will fit anywhere, The remote top speed recall switch wire is just over 6 1/2 feet long, and the plug and play harness will be a little over 3'. This would allow placement anywhere under the hood. There are a few switches on the unit as well as a 1 digit display, that for calibrating the unit should be accessible / visible. The adjustment range is incredible (-99.9% to +9999.9% in steps of 0.1%) essentially unlimited, especially for sled use. It opens the possibility of using the stock speed sensor and feeding the correct signal to Yammi or Cat instrument cluster for those that are building ProPex's and NyPRO's and possibly a VIPRO or something (note the instrumentation input would need to be verified but HealTech has been very helpful thus far and he designed it to allow for these sort of creations when he engineered it.

If you do not see a need for the top speed recall feature the weight goes down to 92 Grams.

These pics are both the Delphi connector and the actual Speedo Healer unit on a normal credit card, a top view and a side view.
picture.php

picture.php

Hope this helps, for those that are on the fence about it.

Last edited:

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Pictures can be so deceiving, This unit is about the size and weight of your key fob. It is literally the same size as the Stock Delhi speed sensor connector pair. With the optionally installed top speed recall remote wiring and the plug and play connectors it weighs in at 145 Grams (Same weight as my Iphone 4S). The wiring weighs more than twice what the unit does. This cute little unit will fit anywhere, The remote top speed recall switch wire is just over 6 1/2 feet long, and the plug and play harness will be a little over 3'. This would allow placement anywhere under the hood. There are a few switches on the unit as well as a 1 digit display, that for calibrating the unit should be accessible / visible. The adjustment range is incredible (-99.9% to +9999.9% in steps of 0.1%) essentially unlimited, especially for sled use. It opens the possibility of using the stock speed sensor and feeding the correct signal to Yammi or Cat instrument cluster for those that are building ProPex's and NyPRO's and possibly a VIPRO or something (note the instrumentation input would need to be verified but HealTech has been very helpful thus far and he designed it to allow for these sort of creations when he engineered it.

If you do not see a need for the top speed recall feature the weight goes down to 92 Grams.

These pics are both the Delphi connector and the actual Speedo Healer unit on a normal credit card, a top view and a side view.
picture.php

picture.php

Hope this helps, for those that are on the fence about it.

Won't the top speed recall feature in my gauge still work with this?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Won't the top speed recall feature in my gauge still work with this?

Yes, all the stock MFD features remain unchanged. As the healer was designed for something else they added that feature to the unit. As I have limited PRO time, I just ran down the high points of the features and did not realize it's redundancy. Thanks I'll toss that needless wire weight. Thank you for the observation.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Loudhandle, so are you offering kits or just them?

I should get one since i just added 7t3" drivers.

I assume the '11 PRO is the same as later years?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Loudhandle, so are you offering kits or just them?

I should get one since i just added 7t3" drivers.

I assume the '11 PRO is the same as later years?

I am considering becoming a dealer for them but as of now you are the only one to have expressed an interest. I should have the plug and play harnesses back from Hungary in the next few weeks and would trade you the universal harness for the plug and play harness for a small fee plus postage. Yes the sensor is the same on all sleds since they went MFD's. Let me know via PM if your interested.

M

MATCO

Jan 2, 2010
edmonds, wa
I could use this

This looks great! I have a 13 pro and I'm running a chaincase from a 12 pro and a 162X3" so the speedo on both my sleds is jacked.

I wonder how hard it is to dial in the correction factor. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Shouldnt be too hard to dial in the speedo. I plan on running with a GPS to dial mine in, slow runs at first and get it close then speed up and see how it reads.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I did become a dealer for the Speedo Healer, since my last post, and have the units in inventory now. Still waiting for the first "Plug and Play" harnesses to show up from Hungary, they have been shipped, so very soon.

As far as setting the unit up; the instructions sound pretty simple. I cut and pasted them for you below.

Setting and Using your SH 3.1 Preparation

1. Ensure that the unit is installed correctly by executing the SH Test instructions (Refer to the Install Guide bundled with the Harness Kit).
2. Determine the Calibration value needed for your application
(If you can’t access the on-line calculator, refer to chapter 4).
3. Turn ignition ON.

Programming a calibration value

␣ Entering into programming mode does not clear the previous setting, so you can update a previously stored calibration value easily.
␣ All settings are stored in Flash memory. No need to repeat programming after the battery or the SH box has been disconnected.
1. Press BOTH buttons on the unit until [L] is indicated.
2. The Sign of the calibration value is blinking: [-] : Negative
[P] : Positive To toggle the Sign, press the SET button.
␣ If the Sign you set is Negative, you will program 3 digits (max value: 99.9) If Positive sign was selected, you need to enter 5 digits (max value: 9999.9)
␣ You need to enter all digits (including the leading zeros), e.g. enter -07.5 if you want to program -7.5%
3. Press SEL to proceed to the first digit of the calibration value. [n] (next) is shown, and then the value of the first digit will blink. Press SET repeatedly until the desired value is shown.
Repeat this step until all digits are entered.
4. After the last digit has been entered, press SEL to exit from programming mode. [o] (over) is shown, and then the unit will display the programmed digits in order, just like any time ignition is turned ON.

If you will tell me what mods you've done I should be able to get you pretty close with some math calculations for the correction percentage to start with.

As people fine tune their correction factors for known modifications I'll pass those on with the purchase.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
MATCO, sledheadd, and laundryboy, They should be here any day now, I'll PM you when they show up.

I also ordered another batch of connector parts today so I can make more of the "Plug and Play Harnesses" while HealTech is tooling up to make them for us.

Last edited:
Premium Features