• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 RMK - Things to look for

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
What is that?

Just bought a second from Mark, at Paaso racing. Still in the mail.

The last quote I got was a vented cap for $55 shipped in the US, and $60 shipped to Canada.

E-mail Mark at paasoracing@gmail.com

The oil bottle cap needs to be vented, otherwise you'll starve the engine of oil. Very bad thing. The current design of the tiny pin hole vent with a plunger and marble is a joke. Mark made a cap with a tube and check valve. Search "Paaso Cap" on Youtube.

Leftys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2010
Idaho
This was a simple and inexpensive way to cure the possibility of a cap issue. Use stock cap and vent the tank with a check valve in the line.

photo 2.JPG photo 1.jpg

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Jeff C. did you pickup the sled?

I did 6 mile!!

It was in great shape, no lugs missing, track still looked new actually, compression was great............

Son loves the loud can on it, but that can is going to be replaced with the stock can that he gave me.........

I hate loud cans, he loves them. Since I paid for the sled I get one vote. Son did not pay for the sled, thereby no votes. The loud can GOES!!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Does anybody have directions for looking at the oil pump adjustment procedure to make sure that I have enough oil consumption?

Maybe this is in another section somewhere, but I am considering myself a Polaris newb again for being gone so long from Polaris. I rarely come into the Polaris section. Bear with me.,...............

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
On my 15 when it comes in I was going to turn the oil pump up 1 turn and get a vented cap. Hopefully that will do the trick.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
On my 15 when it comes in I was going to turn the oil pump up 1 turn and get a vented cap. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I would just start with the vented cap and see where that gets ya. I did both right away on my RMK and had to turn the oiler back down. Running 50:1. The vented cap alone makes a big difference, which tells ya right there that the factory design is flawed.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I would just start with the vented cap and see where that gets ya. I did both right away on my RMK and had to turn the oiler back down. Running 50:1. The vented cap alone makes a big difference, which tells ya right there that the factory design is flawed.
How many turns did you do? General consensus seems to be 50:1 with just the cap I want mine between 35-40:1

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, I've had three CFI-2's, two 800's and one 600, all with added oil tank venting, and no way would any of them get close to even 40:1 without turning up oil pump delivery. If that's your goal. JMPE.

Turning up the oil pump will not change the A/F ratio, if that's anyone's concern. Adding oil to the fuel tank will lean the mix slightly, with a small increase in A/F ratio by itself. Of course, many more variables impact air density and A/F on a given day. Don't know precise impact of adding oil to gas, never measured it when I had an 02 sensor on a 2S sled, not that I could easily. I don't use 02 sensors to tune a 2S anymore. Finally, no way are these ECM controlled fuel management systems that precise that the A/F curves won't vary for air density changes day to day, even without oil in the gas.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
Does anybody have directions for looking at the oil pump adjustment procedure to make sure that I have enough oil consumption?

Maybe this is in another section somewhere, but I am considering myself a Polaris newb again for being gone so long from Polaris. I rarely come into the Polaris section. Bear with me.,...............

There are alignment marks on the oil pump arm. Set them properly and make sure the cap or tank is vented. By the way my '13 SBA needed 3 turns richer to get the alignment marks set properly. So just venting the cap or tank IMO is not enough.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Personally I would not put much trust in the alignment marks. Due to manufacturing tolerances, the only way to guarantee you are using enough oil is to: Simply adjust it by the volume of oil consumed in relation to the volume of fuel consumed. Anything less is a "wild azz guess".

Premium Features