• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weighed Pro Today 432 lbs

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
2013 800 155, with 858 RK-TEK. 432 lbs. Not Bad!

Weighed it with a full oil tank and full coolant level, we siphoned gas out of it.

Weight saving features:

Coated stock pipe,( heat shields removed)
Super Q can
ZBROS 36 A-Arms
Fox Floats front and rear

Weight adding features:

BD Box
Dan Adams NXT-LVL windshield bag
Polaris Extreme front bumper
Skinz Rear Bumper
Wrap
ICE STORM REVERSIBLE SCRATCHERs

Let it snow, I'm ready!

yes 016.jpg Corona 013.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That's great! If you go in to the Yamaha section that have convinced themselves that the new Viper somehow weighs about the same as a Pro.

They must have better drugs over there....

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Well the new Viper does not weight much more than my Pro. Once you start adding Mods and the Electric Start as well they are not that far off but the Pro still feels waaay lighter...

P
Jan 16, 2013
Bethel, Maine
I see you are running the Skinz can... did you test the sled with and without the can? I put a Skinz on my 858 and did some back to back testing. I lost 2-300rpm with the Skinz. But I am not running at elevation.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
No I have not compared cans, my RPM's are where I want them with the rooster weights

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I see you are running the Skinz can... did you test the sled with and without the can? I put a Skinz on my 858 and did some back to back testing. I lost 2-300rpm with the Skinz. But I am not running at elevation.

After swearing I would stick with the stock can, i tried a different can and had the same results. At 3,000-6,000 ft. One of the popular ones on a stock bore.

I will stay with stock.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
More weight shaving

Diamond S Ti can, will drop 4lbs 3 oz
Stock front and rear bumper dropped 11 oz each
VForce3r reeds weigh 8 oz lighter than the stock assembly
Headlight delete cut 2lbs 12 oz, going to add the mtn-fit resistor though
May give the Skinz seat a try, guessing at least a couple lbs there.

May start looking at some ti hardware, sure wish it would snow it would save me some money!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Diamond S Ti can, will drop 4lbs 3 oz
Stock front and rear bumper dropped 11 oz each
VForce3r reeds weigh 8 oz lighter than the stock assembly
Headlight delete cut 2lbs 12 oz, going to add the mtn-fit resistor though
May give the Skinz seat a try, guessing at least a couple lbs there.

May start looking at some ti hardware, sure wish it would snow it would save me some money!

I'm assuming you weighed all parts... Diamond S is advertising their quiet can as a 7.4lb savings...

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I am waiting for the can, advertised weight is 2 1/2 lbs, not the new quiet can, the original one. The weight differential I listed is from my current skinz can. Yes I am weighing everything on a Park scale I use for my bike stuff.

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I am waiting for the can, advertised weight is 2 1/2 lbs, not the new quit can, the original one. The weight differential I listed is from my current skinz can. Yes I am weighing everything on a Park scale I use for my bike stuff.

I see now... I thought you meant the Diamond S can was only a 4lb 3oz savings... My bad.

Btw I held it at haydays and believe its less than 3lbs.

Last edited:
Premium Features