• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable bars

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Very nice.
It's also nice to see you posting up pictures.
I'm glad you're taking the time.

I stared at the titanium parts a lot but I think I'll end up replacing mine too often to have that expensive of a part.

I modified my steering post the night before a three day ride it seems to have held up good.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Very nice.
It's also nice to see you posting up pictures.
I'm glad you're taking the time.

I stared at the titanium parts a lot but I think I'll end up replacing mine too often to have that expensive of a part.

I modified my steering post the night before a three day ride it seems to have held up good.

The "Photo Posting Sticky" REALLY helped, as I was completely lost prior to that tutorial. : ) Thank You MountainHorse and Christopher!

If you end up needing / wanting the stockers in the photo, PM me, I grabbed them off E-bay because they were cheap and they helped me figure things out while Dan was building mine.

P.S. Thanks for the tip on the FLY risers, I got some on the way. I also got some Downhill Mountain Bike bars ordered with a 31.8 (1 1/4") center section and some cool Deity Locust clamps coming from the DHMB world to try out on the light sled.

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
So, does anyone have a good source for this??

My search gave me $155 on ebay, but when I tried to process it was no longer availiable... Next was $164 on gearhead.com, but it turned into +$10 tax + shipping. Will get international shipping and 24% VAT on top of everything so I'd like to see closer to $150 than $200 before I start adding the sales handling/tax/import fee and all.

Any tip would be appreciated!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Ok so I got mine. Looks like a quality product, real tight when you clamp it.

A cool thing is that the plain alu colored end fits with a stock polaris bar, so if you accept it being upside-down all you have to fab is the connection to the post.

20141017_170818.jpg 20141017_170841.jpg

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
bought a 600 for my daughter last year...was going to do "this"....this summer.....while the issue is up can someone recommend a cheap single bar they are using that is the same width as a pro that they liked...figured I might just buy a bike one,,,,,but wanted that extra width for next year when I rode it...thanks.....it appears the rmk bar is a couple inches narrower

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The Doo adjustable riser looks like the way to go. They doo loosen up sometimes (the adjustment clamp), you need to check that occasionally.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I will be doing this again, now on my Axys. And once more I will add narrower bars.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features