• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's 36" a arm kit

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Looking to see who has experience with either the zbroz or alt impact kits. Wondering if the sway bar is still a big plus when narrowing to 36" as the alt impact arms have the sway bar mount.

TommyF

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2010
Strasburg, Colorado
Can't comment on the Alternate Impact arms yet, but I ordered a set this week. They have gotten many positive reviews. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I absolutely love my zbroz front end. Hands down best thing I've done to that sled. I haven't noticed a difference on the trail with out a sway bar, but then again my goal every ride is to stay as far away from the trail as possible. Awesome customer service and a great company to work with.

D
Dec 15, 2008
Cody, Wy
I love my alt. impacts, they bolt right up to the 13-14 pros the sway bar as well. I have stock shocks and sway bar connected and I think it works fine. Best mod you can do for under 500 bucks IMO, plus you can sell your old arms.

image.jpg

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
In my experience the sway bar is actually beneficial with the 36" arms, liked it much better that way on & off trail.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't have the 36" kit, but I do have 39" Zbroz arms.
Two rides on them (May and June rides in hard sun-cupped summer snow).
I REALLY like them so far.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Not to try and sway this thread in any way I just want to help the guys that need solid information. The reason I was so focused on making the sway bar work on this 36" stance is several reasons. First and most important is shock performance. I found without it you were having to crank the preload up to compensate for sag which in turn completely diminished the ride quality of even the high dollar shocks. More preload especially on steeper turns made the sled basically just not want to. Without the bar attached the sled in the deeper powder wanted to dive real bad making it just a 36" sled not a 36" that was as effortless to ride as it could be. For whatever reason the pro seemed to react more than other sleds I've worked with without it. Lastly the trail manors were improved greatly. Either way me personally would never go back to a wider stance. Thanks for listening, just the facts as I found them.
Dan

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I ran the alt imp 36" kit from Dan last season. Will be swapping it to my new sled this year. I loved it, made it easier to ride and more dirtbike like. Held up to some decent jumps and drops. Bent one lower rod end on a hit that would have bent a stock arm or a zbroz in my opinion. Swapped a new rod end and good as new! I like the design and love the ride, would recommend to anyone considering the 36's.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Not to try and sway this thread in any way I just want to help the guys that need solid information. The reason I was so focused on making the sway bar work on this 36" stance is several reasons. First and most important is shock performance. I found without it you were having to crank the preload up to compensate for sag which in turn completely diminished the ride quality of even the high dollar shocks. More preload especially on steeper turns made the sled basically just not want to. Without the bar attached the sled in the deeper powder wanted to dive real bad making it just a 36" sled not a 36" that was as effortless to ride as it could be. For whatever reason the pro seemed to react more than other sleds I've worked with without it. Lastly the trail manors were improved greatly. Either way me personally would never go back to a wider stance. Thanks for listening, just the facts as I found them.
Dan
First off, thank you for the reply. That is why I asked. I felt the pro chassis' need and actually works better with a sway bar with the stock front end, especially in off trail situations. It keeps it more rigid and predictable when on edge. Wanted to make sure my thinking was going to carry over to the 36" front ends.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I love my alt. impacts, they bolt right up to the 13-14 pros the sway bar as well. I have stock shocks and sway bar connected and I think it works fine. Best mod you can do for under 500 bucks IMO, plus you can sell your old arms.

Nice looking sled!

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Just to clarify... My 36" kit "will" work with the 2012 and later shock length (17.5"). Ideal, no but for the guys that don't have the 2013 shock length (16.625) and don't want to throw another grand into the swap they will work. Last year (and I always explain this before a purchase) more than half of the guys and gals ran the longer shocks. What to expect when doing this is a slight increase in front ride height and some extra ski pressure (steering effort). Bottom line is the 2012 shocks will work but the 2013-15 shock length is the perfect fit. As mentioned the rod end design works very well also. More often than not if you hit something you will bend the rod end on the lower arm that connects it to the spindle instead of the arm. End result is a $20 replacement part instead of a $185 arm. It's not a 100% guarantee but more often than not happens. Thank you.
Dan

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Haven't measured yet, but can I shorten the 11-12 shocks an inch with a internal spacer and still have enough shaft travel without beating the bottom of the shock out?

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I really like my Z bros 36" but I had to make some clearance on my spindle with the die grinder. But it has worked flawless for me

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
KMOD arms showed up today.

2724cbb7491494ffc6f70a0fe79656d5.jpg
7329595427c1f55136640457059eb9eb.jpg
87402987f931134bdc8d83b6f69f5393.jpg
5a4906701c889eeb011229837cc31f8b.jpg

Premium Features