• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What`s the point of wrapping tunnel?

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Folks do you have a good reason of wrapping the tunnel? I`ve wrapped hood and side panels, and now I`m in doubts. Is well polished tunnel has the same "snow repellent" properties? :spider:

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
looks cool and the snow shouldnt stick, polished imo dont help for stickin snow

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I've polished and I've wrapped. No snow sticking with a wrap. One and done. If you ride in the wet snow, nothing beats the wrap. Pull the wrap when you sell and the tunnel finish is like new.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
No doubt that a tunnel wrap helps remove snow near the boots. As mentioned, it's great when you sell the sled because it's in perfect shape once the wrap is removed (assuming no damage). There are so many Pro's out there I like to find a wrap that is more unique for me.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I have thought about wraping the inside of the tunnel to shed even more snow. Think it will hold up? Anyone try it? Eric

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have thought about wraping the inside of the tunnel to shed even more snow. Think it will hold up? Anyone try it? Eric

Don't wrap right on the heat exchanger if you do that. Just incase someone asks about that....

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton

If you gonna wrap inside the tunnel, use gloss finish vynil, 4 mil thick. As well - very important! - use 3M adhesion promoter on the edges. Otherwise vynil will be gone withing 1/2 of the season, or even earlier.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Actually I have IQ with wrapped tunnel, and I did not find any difference between wrapped / polished / unwrapped / not polished in snow repelling properties. Now I`ve bought RMK PRO, fixed it, and now wrapping it. That`s why I have asked this question - being light in dry weight, Pro Ride collects a lot of snow while riding it, and good chunk of it is collected by tunnel.
At the same time, if you have experienced less snow on wrapped tunnel, what the hell, I`ll go for it, eeh (huh)?
Thank you guys for your input, I really appreciate it.

Premium Features