• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
That's fraud plain and simple.

I'm not saying I condone it and Silber doesn't state that anywhere. If they ask you if you had a turbo and you said no, maybe that would be fraud but I'm not aware of anybody being asked.

Polaris has covered its failures on multiple turbo sleds. They are also smart enough to indentfy damage caused by a turbo an can and do deny those warranty claims. Wonder how many people they have charged with fraud?

You can step down off the soapbox now......

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Another consideration is warranty. There is no going back from drilling a hole through the tunnel. The Silber installs and uninstalls in under 2 hours if it has to go to the dealer.

You don't condone it? LMAO.... Looks like one of your main selling points to me.

This is how it translates to me...

"Buy a Silber instead of a BD, because you can take it off and the dealer will never know. Only takes 2 hrs".

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
It's far from childish. People are picking kits on what's pretty, price, install time and nothing to do with the kit engineering.

Look at the two kits. Turbo sizing, injector placement, air box and charge tube volume, air box design, quality of parts. All these key engineering parts affect affect performance.

If you want me to spell it out I will. Sometimes people just learn more when they have to do a little research.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Ok, Take it how you see fit.What people choose to do is their owns business and it does install and uninstall in 2 hrs :face-icon-small-win

There is no way it can be done in two hours. Just like the old Silber kits would take 6 or 8 hours. They would take around 20 to do PROPERLY. You may be able to do it in two hours but your cutting corners.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
There is no way it can be done in two hours. Just like the old Silber kits would take 6 or 8 hours. They would take around 20 to do PROPERLY. You may be able to do it in two hours but your cutting corners.
Your funny !!!! why are you picking a fight? Boston installed my kit in the trailer in Kremmling with 2 other guys in just a little over 2 hours after i drove from idaho... I have had just about every turbo kit out there from all the different turbo builders!!! I seen no corners being cut during my install and if your just jealous cause your boy from HM Turbos couldn't put together a clean turbo kit for the axys then you should just not be trolling this thread!!!! If you don't want a silber kit don't buy one... I would buy from turbo performance again, I would buy from Impulse again and boondocks!!I do think this kit from silber is clean and runs great and would recommend for anybody that doesn't want gauges and no piggy back fuel controller !!!!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Outlaw, whats your gripe with Silber? Honest question. There are lots of customers reporting great running sleds from Silber, I am one of them. There's a possibility that it leaves a fraction of a percentage of efficiency on the table, but I don't notice that in any way at the boost levels I run, nor do I care to look into principles to find that fraction because the thing flat out rips. There's theory and real world I guess, I'm happy with my real world experiences, and I believe there are a bunch of others in that category as well.

Have you ever ridden with a Silber axys kit? If not I'll be on the mountain bouncing around CO for the last two or three weeks in March straight, come on out, tell me how poorly my kit runs, then I'll show you how great it actually runs. Seriously though if you want to ride let me know, i'll be around and always looking for new people to ride with. It sounds like you know your stuff so I could probably learn some things!

My biggest point is if people are happy that's what matters. Also, since when do people not make decisions based on price at all? If you said you couldn't have a turbo because the $8000 kit you want is out of your budget i'd tell you you were nuts for not trying one of these, they bring the fun factor up so much its not even funny.

PS I didn't time my install, but was probably under 3 hours taking my time. It was the first time taking the hood off my Axys so I wasn't familiar with it, I also removed the seat and tank like it was a pro which you don't need to do anymore so added a little time there. The only thing not easier to do on the Axys is the clutching I think, that's the same as the pro, because well they are the same clutches...

Anyway let me know if you want to ride, because at the end of the day thats what its all about!

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
It's far from childish. People are picking kits on what's pretty, price, install time and nothing to do with the kit engineering.

Look at the two kits. Turbo sizing, injector placement, air box and charge tube volume, air box design, quality of parts. All these key engineering parts affect affect performance.

If you want me to spell it out I will. Sometimes people just learn more when they have to do a little research.

Ah, you're one of those. It's a shame, sounds like you may have some knowledge to share but it's tied up in layers of nonsense. I made it clear I was interested in the info on mistakes certain turbo kits have that you keep eluding to. Now you ask if I want you to "spell it out". Like I said, childish.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO

In 20 hours I could rebuild the motor, change out the front and rear suspension and install the turbo kit. im glad I don't have you working here, I would go broke!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Outlaw, whats your gripe with Silber? Honest question.

Honestly I don't... I am a bit different than most, I will cut up grandmas walker to make it go faster. When everyone else is playing golf, I am working on sleds.... My sled chassis is blue printed and every part and piece has been massaged.

!!! I seen no corners being cut during my install and if your just jealous cause your boy from HM Turbos couldn't put together a clean turbo kit for the axys then you should just not be trolling this thread!!!!

LMAO... you don't know have a clue what I have for a sled or whats under the hood. Shane has done me a few favors while I have been out that direction. I enjoy sitting in the shop and talking to Levi.. He is a wealth of knowledge. Its amazing some of the testing they have done.

I am a cheerleader for the best performance... not for any company.

I made it clear I was interested in the info on mistakes certain turbo kits have that you keep eluding to.

The Silber kit has no airbox. There is no volume between the turbo and motor. To get the best on off throttle response you need some volume. There is some formulas and pretty basic rules of thumb about air volume and air box size. You cant force air volume by, you have to let it breath.

If you notice... Turbo Perf, Impulse and now even BD has switched back to a airbox with volume.

If you ask the guys at TP or Impulse, I can garuntee they will have a answer for why they engineered every part the way it is. When the Silber camp was asked why no airbox the only answer was..... "you don't know anything about performance"

I am glad you guys are happy with your performance. I really am. The good thing is the Axys motor seems to cure a lot of things. Its not a cure all though. There is a lot of good options out there now. Sometimes though its not about whats pretty, or 2 hour installs.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Hey Boston, What is the ID of the Silber charge tube? From this picture it looks like the silicone tube actually increases in diameter before it reaches the "Ram Horn" intake manifold. What size ID is the Ram Horn? Wonder what the ID of the charge tube of the BD kit is? Wonder what kind of volume the BD air box is?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Hmmm, sure has turned into a bash fest on Silber. Both kits run good. Decide whether you want a hole in your tunnel or not and buy one. You Poo guys should be happy you have two awesome kits to pick from.

pappabruce

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2011
I know this has been brought up but what's the kit to get? Silber or bd side kick? I'm only wanting pump gas no more than 7-8 psi. Ride from 2000-10000 ft Washington state. Silber is 4k $ w waste gate exhaust

I have never seen a silber kit on the snow so I can't say anything about them, but I have the BD side kick on my axys 163 and it runs flawless. The exhaust is all stainless and charge tube and air box is aluminum. I don't know how silber adjusts there boost levels but the BD box automatically adjusts boost for elevation, you can ride from 0' to 15000' and not have to adjust anything, it's true pull and go system. And as far as warranty for cutting hole in tunnel, if you have a good Polaris dealer you won't have a problem. I have had mine in for a couple issues like tps and exhaust valves, all with the turbo installed and my dealer will cover anything except internal engine failure. With that said I like the BD kit, but I'm sure the silber kit rips hard also. Pick your poison and ride!!

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
The Silber kit has no airbox. There is no volume between the turbo and motor. To get the best on off throttle response you need some volume. There is some formulas and pretty basic rules of thumb about air volume and air box size. You cant force air volume by, you have to let it breath.

If you notice... Turbo Perf, Impulse and now even BD has switched back to a airbox with volume.

If you ask the guys at TP or Impulse, I can garuntee they will have a answer for why they engineered every part the way it is. When the Silber camp was asked why no airbox the only answer was..... "you don't know anything about performance"

I am glad you guys are happy with your performance. I really am. The good thing is the Axys motor seems to cure a lot of things. Its not a cure all though. There is a lot of good options out there now. Sometimes though its not about whats pretty, or 2 hour installs.

I knew you had it in you. Are you familiar with the MTNTK Axys kit? If so, what is your take?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber it is

Well I called both bd and silber and I just ordered silber. 3600$ sale right now. Bolt on no questions asked. You don't touch buttons they re program your whole sled computer to compensate safety parameters and adjustments with oil. Bd has same kit only it tunnel dumps and they plug a programmer into your sled to tell it what to do. For silber price you can't beat it. Bd is 1400$ min over silber. Bd is good no doubt but they ain't no better or worse than silber. Besides call Justin at silber tell him what you want. I said I want pump gas turbo no hassle from 1000' to 12000' he said ok no prob it will be ready to instal on its way! Thanks silber ! Baker shoot out next week can't wait !

Premium Features