• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Axys owners, share your fuel/boost/alttitude

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Being from the flats, I will occasionally be riding my sled at low altitude. Most likely U.P. riding and we also ride several different areas out west , so a range from 6000' to 12,500'.

I was told to run 2 or 3 gallons of 110 at low elevation on the 3# setting .

Straight pump is fine at 5# 6000' and above.

At 7# start mixing again to be safe.

Since this kit has 3#,5#,and 7# springs, I am curious to hear who is running straight pump and who is mixing or running 100LL or 110 and at what altitude and boost setting.

Also, if you can post how many grams of weight on the primary, that would be great as well.

It seems for the most part, according to reviews and testimonials I have read, the kit is very dialed in from the testing that Silber has done,and a few changes were made to the base clutching package for the latest kits.

It's nice to see what those who have a season under their belts have found to work the best.

Maybe save a few of us who get precious few days to ride the mountains a little trial and error time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Also, if you can post how many grams of weight on the primary, that would be great as well.

No run time on mine yet but I've heard similar numbers. As for weights, this is what is recommended and what I've heard. "Use 76 grams weights for Mountain Riding, Use around 82 grams for low elevation." For real deep days you can go to 74's as needed.

I'd be interested to hear fuel recommendations as well.

Proride_58640

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2013
Question for all of you. Have you been told that the springs 3, 5, and 7# are actually making more like 5,7 and 9# of boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Ok so I jus waiting for my 16/17 silber kit. New to turbos could I instal a boost guage so in no exactly what I getting for boost? If so where would I instal it on the kit?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ok so I jus waiting for my 16/17 silber kit. New to turbos could I instal a boost guage so in no exactly what I getting for boost? If so where would I instal it on the kit?

You could "T" it off of the BOV reference line. This wold tell you exactly how much boost is hitting your engine.

I did not run one last season but throwing one on this season to see how each spring reacts so I can post information.

Go with the VDO boost gauges.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
i spoke to the guys from silber on the phone this summer for about 20 minutes. i too ride the flatlands of the midwest as well as the mountains of the west. they told me with 3# of boost in the midwest, 91 no ethanol pump gas is fine. 5# of boost in the mountains is fine to run 91 no ethanol pump gas. when you get over these to boost levels you need to start mixing higher octane fuel.

that's from one of the dudes at silber.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I am the one who said that. I am using datalogs for my testing. When you base your fuel needs I would stick with what I told you guys.

Well it makes sense why the 5# spring is so insane! If its closer to 7 actual pounds to the sled. My Axys on the 5# spring will kill a Pro actually running 10lbs... This makes more sense if I am actually running closer to 7#s...

I thought within 1 was close but if your seeing 2 most of the time then so it is.

Going to run a boost gauge this season to see what they are pushing here.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
My pro experience is that the 5 lb spring is really 7 lbs of boost.. the 2 lb difference is what my experience is with the springs as well.

Currently running 5 lb spring on my 15' pro at 7 lbs of boost on straight pump fuel. Did see some slight det (not enough to trigger the sensor) with the 7 lb spring on straight pump fuel, so decided to switch springs and super glad i did. Ran great all season... so well in fact just going to run it another season, just a really fun sled to ride.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
What elevation are you guys talking about when you say "7# boost with my 5# spring"?

7# at 2000' is way different than 7# at 10,000'

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
7 lbs on the gauge at 10,000 here in CO.. been verified through a Bullydog by a buddy here as well.

7 lb spring showed 9 lbs on the same boost gauge.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Springs

I'm seeing 7psi on the gauge with 5 spring. 10psi with 7 spring. All on a pro kit though. I doubled up the 3 and 7 springs...14 psi on the gauge. Only tried like that for a few short runs at 1000ft and again at 7000ft. No det at 50/50 pump av with the 3 and 7 springs doubled up.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I'm seeing 7psi on the gauge with 5 spring. 10psi with 7 spring. All on a pro kit though. I doubled up the 3 and 7 springs...14 psi on the gauge. Only tried like that for a few short runs at 1000ft and again at 7000ft. No det at 50/50 pump av with the 3 and 7 springs doubled up.

How was it at 1000'?!?!

Premium Features