• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Spend my money

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Kind of a catchy title at least

Anyways, I need to buy a set of snowmobile attire. I am tired of riding in my hunting stuff.

What would you recomend. Bibs or Pants ? What type of jacket ? Gloves and boot I got handled.

I am thinking I dont want to go over $250.

As for use, strictly mountain riding, with cold temps.

Should I look for ski or boarding apparel ? or Snowmobile specific ?

Thanks, out economy will apprecate it

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Damn

I thought you were giving me an excuse to reccomend a Snow Hawk!

Look into a small company by the name Ageix, they integrate armor in strategic areas in their latest snow board gear.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Ebay, Gore tex Snowmobile gear. There are usually dealers closing out 1,2,3 year old stuff brand new with tags. I bought my boy some stuff last year for $150 that was new with tags that retails for about $600. Same for myself. Do some searching on ebay. Definetely get goretex stuff though.
Check out his
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MENS-POLARI...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
Beats $400 for a klim coat!

Last edited:
S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
u get wat u pay for. kilm klim. ben dier don dat iv tried everything butmost is crap. i find snowboard gear to fragile, dont take the abrasives to well.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
If I needed gear today it would be HMK. Recently looked at their stuff and it is the real deal and not overly priced and will last for several seasons. And ebay has great prices on everything.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
FXR and HMK is the anything I will put on. It’s worth it to spend the money. My FXR bibs and jacket are the nicest cloths I have ever owned. They are very warm, comfortable and variable. All have taped seams, vents, and removeable liners for spring.

I was outside today tuning my sled breaking the engine in for about 4 hours in -4 degrees weather. Not once was any part of me cold except my hands because I had my gloves off most the day. All this while crawling around in the snow messing with the carbs.

You are not going to get away by just spending $250 unless you find someone selling used gear or really old gear. This is what I have spent on clothing this year and its well worth it in my book.

Fly helmet-$179.99
HMK boots-$270
HMK pack-$69.99
FXR Jacket-$309
FXR Bibs -$229
FXR race gloves-$59.99
Tekvest PRO-$339

So we are at $1456.97 and I still need a new shovel, avy probe, cold weather gloves. Good luck with $250.

All I can say is glad I didn’t get klim. If I would have I would look the same as 60% of the people on the mountain, not be as happy with my gear, and it would have cost at least $500 more.

I guarantee my FXR jacket is of equal quality of any KLIM jacket. Another nice thing about FXR is that if you order directly through them you can choose from about 50 different color and sizing options. It’s very nice to be able to pick your clothing out and have more options then red, yellow, blue, green or black.

http://www.fxrracing.com/sno

http://www.hmksnowmobiling.com/web/index.cfm

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i can attest to the FXR gear....had mine for about 5 years now and the only thing that has happened to my coat was the FXR logo on the back ripped off.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
klim all the way talk to team 2 he can get you in the ball park of that price. the quality and stitching is very high quality. it's not real warm but the way the tech is now i guess you dress in 3 layers.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm going to suggest something I'll surely get flamed for :)

I picked up a Slednecks Defender suit this year. I "snow checked" it, total cost was about $310 US. I picked up some base ($85) and mid layer ($100) stuff at a local shop.

I was out yesterday and it was -39C with the wind. I was warmer than I've ever been in any other suits I've had. No wet *** when I got home either.

If you're starting over, now is the time to layer up. I can't believe how much lighter all the clothes were and how much warmer I was. No more "mashmallow jacket" syndrome to boot. I can't stand feeling like I'm 3x the size I actually am.

Stretch your budget a little and you won't be sorry.

Premium Features