• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear heat exchanger got a hole.... Now what?

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
Guys, I need a little help, it appears my rear heat exchanger has a hole in it. Now while I'm waiting to fix it I would like to ride this weekend, If I bypass it with a hose can I ride this weekend until I get the part? Thanks, Brian

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
Let me start with the obvious. It is not ideal to by pass the rear exchanger. Does it require the rear exchanger to run? NO. I may want to get hot faster on the trails but once you get in fresh snow it SHOULD be okay. I would just make a mental note to stop more often then normal to let it cool down. As well as watch for the temperature idiot light ALL day long.

Just remember this advise is worth what you paid for it. FREE

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
That's all I was looking for, but don't worry, I'll take you on Judge Judy and say he told me to do this thing.... lol I'm only running a quick shakedown, fresh powder fell today, then going to watch snocross. Probably 20 miles at the most. My wife has a long track skidoo that is always getting warm on the trail if its super packed out so we don't do much trails anyways. I'll just keep a good eye on the light and try and keep it in fresh snow and hope for the best. Worst case I'll stop if it gets warm, if it's really bad I'll just tow it back. I'm going to make a quick bypass out of some steel I have laying around and check it out. I can get the right one on Ebay in the next week or so I hope.

Premium Features