• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Mods For 02 800 Pol Rmk

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
cheater head with those twins makes a great combo.

i'd watch the swapmeet too.

S

Snowjunky

Jan 19, 2008
Loveland,Colorado
I have tried twins and they run good for sure but they are definately more finiky. If I was starting from stock I would run a SLP single pipe setup with a light weight silencer and run SLP's cheater head. Just the head and pipe will give ya a ton more power. You can also have your CDI reprogramed. Curt at FASTRAX or Brad (1200PSI here on the forum) can do it for ya.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
union bay billet 900 can be found in the swapmeet, I would stick with the stock head on a 02, and put a single with reeds and slp airhorn. if you don't want to go with the 900

D
Jun 5, 2008
i have a 01 rmk punched out 10 over/ported/polished/running slp pipes/can/boost bottleand it goes like a raped ape skis stand straight up like nothin ........i am interested in a clutch for it ...still running the stocker ....n/e opinions

D
Jun 5, 2008
ops i wanted to ask about CDI reprograming?? really makes a significant difference ? any one have experence with reprograming a 01ish rmk

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
clutching, porting, pipe (or pipes) depending on what style porting.....and most important, have the crank/crankcase bigger bearing done, make sure the cases are tight and true and use a anti-flex plate or it may not last as long.

P

powderman800

Jan 28, 2008
Kennewick, WA
The mods on my old 800 were SLP twin pipes, SLP Cheater heads, V-Force reeds, SLP intake, BOSS seat, Simmons skis and an www.xxxmodrods.com light wieght hood. They work awsome. I agree that the twins are finiky and that a single should be run if you don't want to tinker around with the jetting. Anyone who has clutching for it should be decent since ALOT of people mod the edges. My 910 likes the speedwerx stuff.

Last edited:
H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Twins, head, reeds, gearing, clutching, and the best starter rope you can find...the 02's are harder to pull than any other sled I've ridden and consequently seem to go through ropes:beer;

Y

yardfarmer

Jul 30, 2004
Sw Iowa
I can tell you once you start to mod you won't want to stop! This is not alway a good thing! I kept/keep dumping $$$$ into an inferior chassie like it's an addiction.
list:
cpi twins
custom clutching
gearing
slp air horn kit
anti ratchit drivers
159" custom rails
159 series 4 track
tunnel extention
anti stab wheel kit
Fab craft carbon fiber T arms
sly dog skis
Boss seat
ect.....,

Question - will the modding continue for next year (crank, case, top end, drop and roll, mesh hood) or will I sell it, take a hit and upgrade. need to make a decession soon.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
SLP Single mated to a Thing Can
Slp Air horn
Gear it down 19-41 to 19-43 depending on track lenth
clutching clutching and more clutching

Lots of good ideas on here. I've done most all of them and BOHICA hit the nail on the head.

Premium Features