• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the '16 really better than the '15?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
the people who have signed a nondisclosure agreement have been doing a great job of keeping it under wraps. They are under embargo until a specific time.

The dealers get to see them in 35 minutes. Then its game on.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The difference is; Polaris uses sound engineering principle's and designs, the issues that have resulted are from the bean counters cutting production costs and skimping on the Quality Control portion that needs to remain in place to enable the parts to fit and work as engineered.

My biggest beef with Skinz (other than their chosen name) is the complete lack of using sound engineering and construction practices. One should never use an welded aluminum A-arm, because their is little strength left after welding on such a small cross section, and I guarantee they don't bother to post weld heat treat them to bring the strength back. Billet CNC'd or Forged is the only way to do the Aluminum A-arm correctly. As proven in the automotive industry.

From the treads on Arctic's Relationship with it's dealer's and consumers, it surprises me you would call out Polaris on this when Cat is comfortable screwing everybody over, not just the average Joe consumer.

Just my thoughts on the subject

I think both engineering and QC have been issues in the past for them. However, does it matter if there is still a failure to the end user? A poorly glued arm has the same potential to hurt someone as a heat affected, welded aluminum one. If the welded one is heat treated after welding, there is no greater potential of failure than a forged one. The forged one is cheaper to produce in mass production though. Skinz doesn't recommend powder coating their upper aluminum arms so they must put some thought into it. For the record I don't own any Skinz products or endorse them.

I also never said Arctic Cat hasn't screwed anyone.

Premium Features