• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

servo motor

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
My ECU is a 05 and it does not cycle on start up the carbs do tho.

Sorry that's interesting.

If your sled starts and runs and guages work it shouldn't be your ecu, just the servo motor. Replace that first or get a p.v delete kit of possible. The ecu is expensive. I'm no expert by any means but have had both ecu's and servo motors go out and in my case with the servo motor it was either the servo or electrical short. When my ecu's went out nothing worked

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Had 1 ecu that i sold that had the servo circiut in it did not work which did not matter to the guy because he had STM valves in it. Spent a lot of time trouble shooting that one and yes the new ecu is almost worth as much as the sled.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I believe we're just talking 1Ms, which for most people means a 900. The carbed once cycle once on startup if they are working properly, 3 times if there is a problem. EFI only cycle at ~6900.

As backcountry said, newer (EFI for the most part) sleds also do not cycle at startup.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
It can't hurt the engine, it just runs bad. Usually if the servo motor is bad it messes the running up even at low rpm but like most electrical issues they can act up in several different ways. You can unplug it and pulg a voltage tester into the feed lines and check for ecu signal if that is a concern. If you can, borrow one from a buddy and plug it in for a try. The valves just open up the opening for exhaust to allow for more of it to escape. All the engines went to this to give a flatter power band. Big opening means poor performance at low rpm, small opening means poor performance at high rpm, hence the variable opening size. Being electrical, cats valves can give more problems that the pressure operated ones and electical feedbacks seem to interfer with good running engines!

Last edited:

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Didn't see what you are riding. Can tell you with my '05 M7 the real problem with the servo motor failing was that the ECU/engine kept going into limp mode when it noticed the servo had failed. Make's riding miserable. Keep's you from harming the engine but sure take's the fun out of a ride.

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
On a 03 mc 900 carb, how many times will the servo motor cycle once it is started? and at what RPM will they start to open?

Premium Features