• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where is the best place to get up high near mt bachelor

M
Aug 27, 2013
nor cal
Im coming up to bachelor on fri and i have never been to bachelor I'm looking to get up in the alpine and maybe even find some deeper snow if anyone want to give away a little local knowledge about the area id be grateful.

thanks

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Dutchman, parking lot across the street from bachelor is about your only option right now. But its a tiny lot and fills up by 6:30am-7am. Not much room for trailers, better chance if you have a sled deck.

If there was any snow you could park at Wanoga, and ride trail up to dutchman.. but its been pretty sketchy..and I think its raining up there right now... Im hoping it turns to snow here soon so I can ride this weekend and not get up at 5am lol.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Moon Mountain is about as high in altitude as you are going to get. Except you will have to take a number in order to do any hill climbing. Everybody and their brother goes there so it is not exactly an ideal experience. Paulina has fewer sleds and allows more exploring of the back country, without getting run over if you step off of your sled like Moon Mountain. The punch bowl south of Mt. Bachelor, is good for a little fun. The trails are so brutal all around Mt. Bachelor that you will need a kidney transplant by the end of the weekend.

W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
Great pic :face-icon-small-hap was up yesterday!

P
Feb 17, 2009
chiloquin oregon
Moon Mountain is about as high in altitude as you are going to get. Except you will have to take a number in order to do any hill climbing. Everybody and their brother goes there so it is not exactly an ideal experience. Paulina has fewer sleds and allows more exploring of the back country, without getting run over if you step off of your sled like Moon Mountain. The punch bowl south of Mt. Bachelor, is good for a little fun. The trails are so brutal all around Mt. Bachelor that you will need a kidney transplant by the end of the weekend.

What is the snow like at Paulina?

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
What is the snow like at Paulina?

Paulina is a joke. Went there yesterday hoping to get a few miles on and do some testing. Ice/dirt leaving the lot, first 3 corners are bare pavement on the road. I loaded back up and went to bachelor. Far better conditions there.

Premium Features