• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Kill Switch...kill the switch?

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Thinking of eliminating the handle bar kill switch or maybe trying to fab a spring into it so it pops back up. Any crafty solutions out there?

I always manage to kill the motor at the worst times! Mines a 2010 but I don't think the switch has changes much over the years.

J

jdm1985

May 13, 2009
Ambrose ND
If it was me i would just unhook it and put a tether switch on. i like the added security of it anyways. Cat makes a kit to put a tether on and still use the stock switch but you could probably just bypass the switch in the wiring and eliminate the problem.

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Thanks guys! :present:

Called Boondockers and they said the kill switch cover in their kit is more like an eyebrow over the switch and keeps you from accidentally hitting the switch.

Pretty cool idea, simple and cheap. I like :face-icon-small-hap

FIREMAN1

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2008
oregon
the boondockers work ok but buy a couple of sets - i have broke mine off a couple of times - they just glue on - never was paying attention when the came off so i lost them

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Guys don't buy anything! Just unscrew the torx screws on the housing and unplug the kill switch, the tiny plug is behind a white plastic cover. Just follow the wires to the plug. Then use the key or use a tether, they are like 25 bucks and are a plug in play install.

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
the boondockers work ok but buy a couple of sets - i have broke mine off a couple of times - they just glue on - never was paying attention when the came off so i lost them

i've found if you heat the plastic around the switchs up with a heat gun or hair dryer before you put the glue on they stick way better and dont pop off as easy

Premium Features