• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install and Review: PowderKeg for Viper

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Drill and Rivet the remaining 8 holes on the top of the tunnel and Mount the Fuel Keg!

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Total time from start to finish, 90 minutes.
Could probably be done in under an hour without photos.

The Viper seems THIRSTY to me, and probably even more so with the recent engine mods. I am looking forward to having a little extra gas JUST IN CASE I burn a bit more than planned, and it will be really nice to have a hard protected place to store anything that is fragile or that needs to be DRY while riding.

Should have a good review of how it works after a week in BC next week.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Looks like a great storage item, how did it turn out for the rest of your season? Only I would have done, had the mounting tabs that rivet to the tunnel powder coated black to blend in more. Other wise I like it.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Nice write up... good looking unit.

Most of the PowderKegs I've held are actually pretty light....and I'd be comfortable with weight penalty to keep things dry and protected.

Looks like a good candidate for a warmer inside if you put your camera gear in it.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like a great storage item, how did it turn out for the rest of your season? Only I would have done, had the mounting tabs that rivet to the tunnel powder coated black to blend in more. Other wise I like it.
I have had ZERO ISSUES with it.
The unit has performed terrifically!

Premium Features