• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons,Mohawks,Slydog,PowderPros

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Powder pros. Had them on my 07 m8 and everything after that! I'll be putting them on my 15' as well

bugglin_bull

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Mohawk are awesome, ran them last season and they are night and day different than stock skis but they are way pricey!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Which ski is your weapon of choice ?

I'm bought a set of Mohawks for my 14 pro climb anyone else try them yet ?

DPG

I have owned every ski you mentioned above, Mohawks not very good on the mountain, Skinny nose dives badly and lots of bar feedback,They worked aggressivly on the trail up but that was it.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I have had Simmons 1st gen, powder pros, and now Mohawks.

By far the Mohawks are my favorite ski. A little more aggressive than the powder pros but I believe a much better ski for all around performance including mountains. You don't need much ski pressure at all with these skis. They are agressive enough without the ski pressure to feel comfortable running down the trail. I even took more worn out skag of my powder pros and but on the Mohawks. The carbide was completely gone and I still didn't have any problem on the trails. Was actually 100 times better on the ice snow. With a carbide and any ski pressure it felt like I has going to break the handle bars off trying to turn at a slow speed on iced or hard trails.

If your sled feels like it transfers the weight back really well just add a little more spring pressure on the front track shock and that will life the front and give you less ski pressure. That will help with the narrow tip in the powder. When you punch the throttle and it feels like our front end stays planted with a lot of ski pressure back the rear track shock off a little at a time until you can start to feel transfer back a little bit and the skis before easier to steer. It will help the front end from diving in the deep stuff.

A great ski but suspension set up is critical if you want it to feel right

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Went from switching between SLTs and PROs to just runnin the MOHAWKS love them in all snow conditions ..

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
I have owned every ski you mentioned above, Mohawks not very good on the mountain, Skinny nose dives badly and lots of bar feedback,They worked aggressivly on the trail up but that was it.
I respectfully disagree.

I have had Simmons 1st gen, powder pros, and now Mohawks.

By far the Mohawks are my favorite ski. A little more aggressive than the powder pros but I believe a much better ski for all around performance including mountains. You don't need much ski pressure at all with these skis. They are agressive enough without the ski pressure to feel comfortable running down the trail. I even took more worn out skag of my powder pros and but on the Mohawks. The carbide was completely gone and I still didn't have any problem on the trails. Was actually 100 times better on the ice snow. With a carbide and any ski pressure it felt like I has going to break the handle bars off trying to turn at a slow speed on iced or hard trails.

If your sled feels like it transfers the weight back really well just add a little more spring pressure on the front track shock and that will life the front and give you less ski pressure. That will help with the narrow tip in the powder. When you punch the throttle and it feels like our front end stays planted with a lot of ski pressure back the rear track shock off a little at a time until you can start to feel transfer back a little bit and the skis before easier to steer. It will help the front end from diving in the deep stuff.

A great ski but suspension set up is critical if you want it to feel right
I completely agree
Went from switching between SLTs and PROs to just runnin the MOHAWKS love them in all snow conditions ..
Agree
I've also ran Simmons Gen 1's for twelve years, powder pro's for three years, and SLT's for the last five years, and now the Mohawks last season, which is the best ski in my opinion.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I respectfully disagree.

I completely agree

Agree
I've also ran Simmons Gen 1's for twelve years, powder pro's for three years, and SLT's for the last five years, and now the Mohawks last season, which is the best ski in my opinion.

no worries , The best Mt ski setup i found [ After owning all the skis mentioned in this thread is the Poo pro ski with the larger Woodys wear bars /carbides, Float soo very well it keeps the nose from dipping in deep snow and losing sled speed. They also turn almost too easy with very little bar feedback, Ski is very flexable and shovel is wider that the rest of the ski, Float is unmatched with any ski.The Mohawks when hitting crust will pull the bars very hard and were a handfull unless conditions were powder.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I didn't like the Mohawks on my PC either. Better than the stock ski, but that's not saying much. Have not tried the Pro ski, have heard they work well. Liked the Slydogs.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
no worries , The best Mt ski setup i found [ After owning all the skis mentioned in this thread is the Poo pro ski with the larger Woodys wear bars /carbides, Float soo very well it keeps the nose from dipping in deep snow and losing sled speed. They also turn almost too easy with very little bar feedback, Ski is very flexable and shovel is wider that the rest of the ski, Float is unmatched with any ski.The Mohawks when hitting crust will pull the bars very hard and were a handfull unless conditions were powder.

I too have found the Poo Gripper ski to be the best of anything I've ever tried. The PP's and SLT's do some things well, and some things horrible. All depends on snow conditions and terrain. The gripper is the most predictable in every situation IMO. They are 6 3/4" wide at the spindle, but widen to 7"+ in the front which I've seen help the front end from diving. I've always liked a traditional bottom of the ski like the griper has.

Premium Features