• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Polaris Dragon W/860 163

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
I am looking to sell my 2009 800 Dragon with a Carl's Cycle 860 Kit. The motor is in need of a new crank I am pretty sure. It still runs as I was able to catch it soon enough and I believe case is still good. There is approximately 3000 miles on the chassis and 1500 miles on the motor with the 860 and 500 hundred miles on a new top end. In November of 2013 a new stator,ecu and voltage regulator were put in. The Walker Evans shocks have been revalved by Carl's with Fox internals and were serviced November of 2013. It has a RSI handle bar riser, Two Cool vents in side panels and shock tower. I would like to try to sell it complete first but would look at parting out. The chassis is in good overall condition with minor marks from usage. The Primary clutch was balanced by Carl's Cycle when new and has been sent to Carl's every year for cleaning and maintance on top of my regular service through out the riding season. I am open to offers of the reasonable nature
text or call me at two 0 eight-791-eight 054.

I have a person interested in the motor so seeing what interest I can get in selling the chassis, I will only sell it as a rolling chassis. I would include the SLP Pipe and Can, throttle bodies,air box and secondary clutch. It will not include the ECU that has the 860 flash in it but I believe I have another ECU. Asking $2300.

020312_2219[00].jpg 020312_2223[00].jpg 020312_2224[00].jpg 020312_2242[00].jpg

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Love my 860, too bad about the crank. If you don't mind my asking, what did it do when it started acting up? If you don't want this on your thread I will delete it just PM me.

J
Apr 5, 2008
LEWISTON,ID
It was acting like it was fouling off a plug on the low end and did not have a smooth idle with most of the noise coming from the PTO side of the motor. I checked the plugs and Mag side was perfect color PTO side blackish grey. Turned the motor over by hand with the primary clutch and you could feel the free play in the clutch. I have not tore the motor down yet but I suspect it is connecting rod bearing and PTO side bearing. I did not run it after that so it would not do any more damage but it will still fire up. The 860 was a blast to ride, awesome torque.

Premium Features