• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 . What should compression be?

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
I'm going to look.at a 2010 m8 tomorrow. What should the compression be when I check it? Also I am told it needs a drive clutch what is the best place to get one for a good deal? Racinstation?

Any one gave any pointers as to what I should look for on the sled?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Being at 1000 foot elevation you should be around that 140 mark, like Ryan said above 125. Warm the sled up and then tie the throttle open to check it. You are only a 20 minute drive to one of the cheapest places to get a clutch, country cat. I assume their over the counter price is the same as their web prices.

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
Thanks for the replys guys. I know about country cat I buy a bunch of stuff there but I like a good deal so I figured I would ask. CC has there clutches at about 414 on there website and 399 plush shipping on ebay. So its a wash either way.
I also know about cracked bulkhead as my 07 m8 has one of those.

Does anyone know if the new 14 or 15 clutches are any better? I know there is alot of info about the crappy 10-11 ho clutches. Just curious if I spend 415 on the clutch or go the 900 - 1000 range for the polaris clutch conversion.

Premium Features