• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 won't rev past 6000 rpm

M
Aug 8, 2011
Hastings, MN
I was going to but the turn around just to take a look at my sled was a week and we're leaving for Cooke City on the 2nd so i was praying I could figure it out and not have to rent a sled out there.

M
Aug 8, 2011
Hastings, MN
Tried a ignition timing sensor off a working F7 and a voltage regulator and pulled the eththanol wire just for kicks and it still doesn't run right. So my next move will be to take it to a dealer. Thank you everyone for the help and ideas I appreciate it.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Please let us know what it ends up being, I am having the exact same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Dec 9, 2007
Are you getting any codes on the check engine light?

I had virtually the same issue on my 2006 M6, mine wouldnt rev past ~4500 while riding without stumble and backfire. Got intermittent codes, seemed like timing was way off. Showed 95 ohms on crank sensor whether at ECU plug or sensor plug, indicating harness wires OK. Changed crank sensor anyway, didn't help. Then swapped in a different ECU, same stumble with codes flashing now and then. Stator resistance values all seem within spec. Injectors same, in-spec. Power valves cleaned and cables adjusted. Tail-light wiring ok. Switches Ok, Headlights worked. So I pulled airbox, intake boots to check reed valves and injectors, all looked fine. Wondered if other issues such as bad TPS, Coil, etc. might cause problems... BUT finally changed the Exhaust Temp Sensor and everything seems right - power is there, no codes!!

Good luck!!

Last edited:

catsleder162

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2009
Black Hills SD
Maybe you already figured it out but I would swap out the coil. I had a 06 m7 do the same thing. Tore it all apart and checked every wire, stator, etc. In the end I took a gamble and just got a new coil and bam it worked again. The sled will run for a while like this before the coil will completely quit. I never had a coil act like this on any other sled.

Premium Features