• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 won't rev after being shut off and turned back on

C
Jan 13, 2014
i was wondering if anybody knew what could be going on with my 2009 m8. it runs great when it gets above 1700 rmps "or idle" but sometimes when i shut it down and stop for a little while and try to start it up again it will start right up and idle but as soon as i hit the gas it will lose rpms and die. i have to feather it until it revs up a little bit and then it will go. myy friends do this sometimes to so i be leave its something common. i have a feeling it may be the stator starting to go out but i also read there is some coil that if it gets moisture in it it can cause this. any suggestions?

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
throttle safety switch? try holding the thumb trigger pushed in while you give it gas.

Also on mine this year my Baro tube on the computer got clogged up and caused all kinds of weird things. Would run fine for about an hour then just go crazy. wouldn't start or sometime would idle and the only way I could get it to rev would be to put my hand over the intake and choke it out, then I could get her going.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
If it'll idle fine I'd say throttle safety switch. My 2010 M8 did that on the last ride. I disconnected the big connector going up to the handle bars and it ran fine, I rode it the rest of the day then plugged it back in and same thing. I then tore the throttle block apart and disconnected the switch in there and I plugged the main one back in and it runs fine. Does anybody know if you can buy just the TSS?

Premium Features