• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 m1000 stuck in Reverse- Help please

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Posting this for a friend he was trying to park his sled. the lights blink like it's changing gear but it doesn't. sled is stuck in reverse, Suggestions? Thank You very much.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Remove the plastic cover over the left toe hole. Inspect the servo and if possible try to pry the gear just bit to nudge it into forward drive.

If you have to just take the gear off the top of the servo and manually force the DD into drive position.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the lever works well...but sometimes if you try a lazy slow shift it chatters in neutral...make the shifts brisk..

as for the posters problem just maybe some load on the gears..try moving the secoundary back and forth by hand or ACmtncat suggestion is a good one..

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I would figure out if its the shifting or the diamond drive itself.

might not be a bad idea to take the diamond drive off and inspect it. If bearing pieces are in there jamming things out your problem will only get worse.

I went to the 09 map, changed to a BDX diamond drive and went with the reverse helix. oil pump doesn't work in reverse but less parts and issues. Now my 08 is electronic reverse.

Too many moving parts and the planetary gears are a pain. I have a box of partial diamond drive parts in my garage. I don't have planetary gears since I broke those twice. If you need an internal pm me and let me know.

Ian

Premium Features