• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best overall month -riding out of Alpine

P
Mar 2, 2011
Hi, I realize weather and snowfall is a crapshoot. But i'm wondering if there is an 'overall' best time (i.e. highest average snowfall, temps, etc) to ride in certain areas. We have never ridden (Alpine) before and plan to organize a trip for 6 friends who will be taking a week off work and traveling a long way. All the responsibility is on my shoulders...... So, i'm trying to get it as 'right' as i can based on the law of averages. If anybody has any input It would be greatly appreciated! (by the way, we are interested in off trial, boondocking, powder riding only.....not trails)
Thank you!
Peter

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Safest bet would be late January to February. I've ridden some killer deep days early January and I've ridden not that great of snow in the middle of January. You never know what could happen. But I wouldn't plan anything until January.

K
Jan 18, 2013
Idaho Falls, ID
If I was planning a trip West for 6 people I would look at 2/15-3/15. There is always a chance for a warm up and set up snow, but it seems that those weeks have the best chance for good snow.

Premium Features